How High to Install a Pot Filler Faucet | Learn With Our Expert Now
Articles, products, and services offered on this site are for informational purposes only. We recommend using caution and seeking professional advice. This site provides general information. We are part of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Amazon.com is compensated for sales resulting from links on our website.
Please review our disclaimer before taking action based on anything you read or see.
You may be wondering how high to install a pot filler faucet?
If you cook a lot, having a pot filler faucet is a back-saving necessity because it makes it easier to fill huge pots directly on the stove.
The recessed plumbing required for a pot filler is minimal, but the heel height is substantial.
A few decades ago, a passionate cook we know installed a straightforward cold water faucet on his stove to fix this problem. The whole planet thought he was a little crazy.
Today pot filler taps are showing up in homes everywhere.
Just like the sink faucets, these pot fillers are very affordable and have a wide variety of styles and finishes.
Pot filler height can be a problem in our home.
On the other hand, we have that they are simple to select because most people choose to coordinate the style and finish with the decoration and accessories that are already there.
In contrast to that, ordinary stationery faucet our friend used, a modern pot filler swings on its pot while it sits on the burner, then swings back when it does its job.
How High to Install a Pot Filler Faucet
The impeccable height for a pot filler is dependent on numerous causes. First of all, it must be prominent enough to clear its tallest pot by one or two inches, or it will not be able to use it.
You may want to install it even more prominent than that, but it can be seen to be limited by the design of the faucet and the configuration of your kitchen cabinets.
The faucet should have clearance to swing against the wall when not in use. Finally, the faucet should be low enough for anyone using it to gain access to it.
Installing the Water Pipe
You set the height of the tap when you install the recessed pipe, so before welding the threaded elbow into which you screw the tap, it is an acceptable initiative to do a test.
You need to put your pot a little higher on the stove and hold the tap against the wall, all while your assistant swings it back and forth.
When you have found the preferable location, mark it on the wall and use the mark as a reference for arranging the elbow.
Installing a Pot Filler Faucet
If you’re one of those who cook a lot, one thing you can do is save all the heavy lifting associated with carrying pots full of water to the stove by installing a pot filler tap.
It attaches to the wall above the stove or some other place where water is required and folds up when not in use.
Many developers generate these types of faucets, and they are all a little different, so it is substantial to read the rules that yours bring. They are going to help you choose, which the preferable way to carry out the pipes is.
How to Install a Pot Filler Faucet
Before starting with this, it is ideal to limit the utilities and materials to be used
Pot filler faucet
- TWO-TONE BLACK STAINLESS BRUSHED GOLD FINISH creates a look of modern sophistication with a rich, warm feel. WEAR-RESISTANT FINISH will not fade or tarnish over time. Available in multiple single-tone and two-tone finish options so you can create a LOOK YOU LOVE.
- 2-FUNCTION FAUCET – POT FILLER provides aerated stream to fill large pots and pitchers; PRE-RINSE SPRAYER offers a powerful spray to blast away tough food residue
- MAGNETIC DOCKING snaps sprayhead back into place for a secure hold; EASY-CLEAN RUBBER NOZZLES allow you to wipe away mineral build-up for a strong long-lasting flow
- 【High Quality and Safety】The durable tube cutter are made of manganese steel that is high hardness, good toughness, strength and durable. Our blade SK5-42mm is imported from Japan. PVC Pipe Cutters is ideal for use on a variety of plastic pipe and tube. The Pipe Cutter handle design Lightweight, and the blade is thick and sharp. Make work easier. And It process heat-treated to make the blade more sharp, durable and not easy to break. At the same, it is not easy rusting.
- 【Ergonomics Design】 The professional tube cutter adopts ratchet drive technology to greatly save your strength. Powerful and do not require much strength to cut pipe. The powerful bite force makes the work easier. The fish handle is for added comfort, which guarantees long-lasting working. The tube cutter can improve work efficiency by fast cutting. User can cut pipe within 5 to 20 seconds, comfortable design for easy cutting and less hand fatigue.
- 【EASY TO OPERATE】Tubing cutter built with comfortable, ergonomic, textured handles that provide a reliable grip. Spring-loaded handles allow for faster positioning of easy, single stroke cuts. In the bottom of the tube cutter, there has a stainless buckle. When you don’t use it, you can buckle the safe lock. The tube cutter will become small to save space. And it will also become portable, which is convenient for your work and life !
- ✔【MULTIPROCESS AC/DC TIG + Stick WELDER】Full function: DC TIG + AC TIG + Pulse TIG + HF TIG, LIFT TIG + MMA TIG output: 20-180A(AC) 15-160A(DC) High duty cycle with 25% @180A Stick output: 20-160A @25% duty cycle.
- ✔【AUTOMATIC + LED Display】 Simple Operation with one adjustment knob. It has infinite voltage and wire feed speed control. Easy to read and set the menu with LED display
- ✔【Portable Welder】- Light weight with full function. 14.5 lbs only. you can easily take this machine right to your project Compact design, much less weight, equal functions to the heavy welder with multi-knobs. Save space and money.
- Professional Quality Food Culinary Torch: It is suitable for professional and creative family cooks. It is widely used in the processing of delicious caramel desserts, meat barbecue, cigar lighter, small handicraft and so on.It can use any manufacturers butane canister what has a metal ring around the top of it with about a 1/2" slit missing.(Canister with snap joint)
- Safety & EASY Butane Gas Torch Head: Adjustable flame size and shape to concentrate the flame as much or as little as you need, one touch piezo ignition, and stabilizing plate for your safety.
- Adjustable and 360 Degree Reverse Use Cooks Culinary Torch: Adjustable flame intensity temperature can reach up to 1300 c/2500 F to meet various needs, you can choose the different flame according to your requirement(Soft fire or Spit fire).
- Adhesives & Sealants
- Country of manufacture: United States
- Manufacturer: Dap
- HUGE 36 PIECE SET - Includes 18 Metric Sizes & 18 SAE Sizes in Both Short Arm & Long Arm with Ball Ends
- SOLID CARBON CONSTRUCTION - Made from Industrial Strength Carbon Steel in a Beautiful Chrome (Metric) and Black Oxide (SAE) Finish
- SIZE MARKING ON EACH WRENCH & CASE - Sizes are marked on each Hex Key for Easy Selection & Organization. Please Note Our Smallest Wrenches do not have a size marked on the wrench itself due to the small diameter of the wrench
Find the closest water line and turn off the flow to it per Step 1. It will need to be chopped with a pipe cutters, and you must also solder it to a T before assembling a branch with pipework and other components to the location of the faucets. After the line is constructed, use a propane torch to weld the fittings. Do not forget to fuse the pipe’s exterior using flux. and inside of each joint’s ferrule before soldering.
Kindly direct to the regulations in Step 2 to learn the correct procedure for ending the line. While some models call for a movable elbow to which a pipe can be connected, others may call for a threaded metal elbow that can be attached to the stud behind the wall. Fitting should be installed as directed.
Install a comparable short tube in accordance with the specifications in step three. If a threaded elbow was fitted, screw a brass nipple of the appropriate length into it. The tap may be given to the nipple. Solder a copper tubing if a movable elbow was inserted. A male adaptor may need to be soldered to the tube’s tip.
Before attaching the tap to the faucet, do the necessary wall repairs. If the recessed piping required cutting the drywall, repair the area with fresh drywall, cover the joint with wallboard tape and mud, then paint the wall.
connect properly the tap to the socket. On other designs, you need to slide a threaded retention band over the heel, set it up against the wall, and fasten it to the frame. Its function is to hold up the tap. Prior to installation, apply pipe thread compound to the threads.
Install the retention ring on the frame using the corresponding screws, making sure that none of the screw holes are in the water pipe. Additionally, you may use an Allen screw to fasten it to the shorter pipe. If so, use an Allen key to tighten it.
Attach the tap to the retention ring and gooseneck or thread converter by screwing on the ornamental shield plate that is included with the tap. Utilizing a rubber strap spanner, twist the tap. Utilizing an Allen key, twist the shield’s bottom Allen nut.
Use a torpedo levels to verify the tap’s pressure. Inspect the tap after releasing the stopcock.
What are the Pros and Cons of Pot Filler Taps?
The apparent reason for having a pot filler, which is a cold water tap that swings on the stove, is to avoid the hassle of carrying pots full of water from the sink to the stove.
It is vital to know at this point, the pot filler code requirements.
If that virtue doesn’t encourage you to have one, you may have trouble finding another cause for it. The installation is not complicated, but if it is badly thought out, a pot filler can be more of an obstacle than peace of mind.
We must take into account when potting filler too high, this can be a problem at some point.
At this point, we know that the consistency of the water is usually at least more than 8 pounds per gallon. So when large pots are transported from the sink to the stove, you could be carrying approximately 30 or 40 pounds. A pot filler saves you this inconvenience, but it’s substantial to remember that it doesn’t stop you from dragging the burning water from the stove to the sink when it’s time to dump it. That’s why all the effort the pot filler can save us makes a big difference in a kitchen when it’s fully occupied with a regular rotation of water-filled pots.
Dangers of leaks
Some faucets leak from time to time, but that’s a nuisance. Not an emergency, as long as the faucet is over a sink. However, when a pot filler leaks, the water can damage the stove, the wall, and the floor. If your pot filler has only one shut-off valve, it could start leaking while you’re away and you could come home to a disaster. To avoid this, make sure your pot filler has a few valves so that if one wears out, you can stop a leak by turning off the other.
In some cases, the pot fillers in the kitchen can be very aesthetic visually; you have to know which the ideal model for your kitchen is.
Placing pot filler directly on the stove can make cleaning inconvenient. Regular care is needed to prevent grease, heat, and smoke from fogging the finish of the faucet and building upon the surrounding wall, and concerning its location, the faucet can be difficult to achieve. Regardless of these drawbacks, the added occupation of a pot filler can inspire you to train your cooking skills in more creative ways, and that can only be a good thing.
Installing a pot filler with pex is usually very simple; however, if you wish, you can call a specialist.
How High to Install a Pot Filler Faucet: FAQ
How do you get into a casserole filling tap?
The steps for installing this are too simple. However, if you are not sure, it is ideal to call an expert on the subject. You can find the steps in the article read before.
Is a casserole filling worth it?
Advocates say the real good is reducing the strain on your arms, back, and hands from carrying heavy pots of water from the sink to the stove. Others who have splurged on pot fillings feel they are more of a nuisance than they are worth.
Is it expensive to have a pot filling?
Pot fillers are simple to arrange and accessible. By hiring a plumber, the job can be done in just 30 minutes. The value of pot filler taps tends to be around $100-$200, although it can be more expensive depending on the model and the height of the pot filler.
This kind of faucet can be an inconvenience for quite a few; however, for others, it can be ideal. Whatever your case is, the bottom line is that you should get good advice, read up on it, and most of all consult with professionals. Nevertheless, in this article, we tried to contemplate all that is supported in having and which would be the virtues and disadvantages of having one system in your kitchen. Now you know, how high to install a pot filler faucet.