How to Clean Stone Shower Walls | Follow These 11 Steps To Clean Easily
If you have a tiled shower, you may be wondering how to clean stone shower walls? If you take care of the stone tiles of your shower, they will keep their condition and their facade.
The right precaution can keep the stone looking new for generations. You can remove most types of dirt using detergent, a cloth, and a soft-bristle brush. Have to remove the stains by identifying their type and applying a correct regime (for example, ammonia for oil-based paints).
You can save your stone tiles by avoiding acidic and abrasive cleaners and discarding excess moisture from the stone after using the shower. Cleaners for stone shower can help you in this extensive task.
Here are the procedures to clean well the wall of your bathroom with stones.
How to Clean Stone Shower Walls: Some Materials you will need:
- Absorbent paper
- An absorbent cloth
- A spray bottle
- Small container
- A sealant for stone
- Plastic wrap
- Adhesive tape
How to Clean Stone Shower Walls
Follow these below steps for cleaning stone shower walls;
- Cleans the shower after each use. Learn cleaning shower floor.
- Rinse the shower
- Dry the shower
- Removing deep stains
- It applies the paste on the spots.
- Cover the paste with plastic wrap
- Let the paste sit in the shower for 24 hours.
- Rinse and clean the baking soda
- Sealing a stone shower
- Clean and dust the inside of the walls with a damp cloth
- Spray the shower with the sealant and spread it
- Let the sealer sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove excess sealant from the shower area.
Now, I will go through all the steps one by one in detail.
Cleans the shower after each use
It is substantial that you do this because the elaborate chemicals that are in the soap have the potential to harm your stone shower. Use a dry rag or cloth to dry the moisture from the walls and tub of the shower after use.
To use a stone shower cleaner, you must be very careful.
Fill an aerosol bottle with not too hot water and a mild dishwashing detergent.
- You have to use not very hot water to fill the bottle and add a spoonful (15 ml) of non-abrasive detergent with a neutral ph.
- Try to find a detergent that does not have coloring or abrasive agents (like sand or stone) or acids (like lemon or vinegar).
- The label of the detergent should indicate that the pH is neutral.
- Common cleaners usually contain acidic agents that have the potential to harm the shower area.
- There are fundamentally formulated marble cleaners that you can find in department stores or on the internet.
- Among the most popular spray brands for these stones are Black Diamond, Fácil Green, and Zep Marble Cleaner.
Read More: How To Fix A Slow Bathtub Drain
Spray satisfaction on the shower and rub it with a damp cloth
You have to look at the walls and the tub of the shower with satisfaction and rub it with a reduced circular movement. Move forward near the shower forming small circles and concentrate on the accumulations of dirt and mold.
Rinse the shower
To completely rinse the shower (including the walls), you may use the showerhead or a bucket of water. It is crucial that you get rid of any soap residue since this particular stone might absorb it and develop stains later.
Dry the shower
You can use an absorbent cloth or a squeegee to dry the shower completely. For more intensive cleaning, you can use a mild dishwashing detergent and water two or three times a week.
This will keep the stone clean and cool.
Removing deep stains
- Mix a section of baking soda with three parts of water. Combine these elements in a reduced container or cup. Stir until the baking soda absorbs the water and forms a paste.
- If the paste is thick enough, you have to add more water.
- If it is quite liquid, you have to add more bicarbonate.
It applies the paste on the spots.
You can wear gloves to use an acceptable proportion of paste on shower stains. It would help if you focused on surfaces that are discolored or show mold build-up that you have not been able to remove with the necessary cleaning. Learn cleaning black spots in the toilet bowl.
Cover the paste with plastic wrap
Place tape over the ends of the wrap to keep it in place. Try not to cover all the edges with tape so that the stone manages to sweat.
Let the paste sit on the shower for 24 hours.
The paste will dry and absorb the stain underneath. When the paste dries and hardens, it will be ready to be cleaned.
You have to remind all the people living in the house that you are going to do a deep cleaning of the shower, so they will not be able to use it.
Rinse and clean the baking soda
To clean the bicarbonate paste, you have to rinse the shower and wipe the stained surfaces. If you notice that the stain is still apparent, you must repeat the steps until it is completely removed.
Sealing a stone shower
- Corroborate if the shower requires a stamp. Unless you have a white stone showerhead, you don’t have to seal it. You also do not have to reseal the shower if it already has a seal.
- To check this aspect, drop several drops of water on the shower area and wait for it to dry for ten minutes.
- If the area darkens, assume that the marble has absorbed the water and you may have to reseal the shower. The sealant has gathered over the top of the tub; assume that the shower is now sealed.
- If the shower already has a seal, there is no reason to reseal it. And this can also be threatening to the marble.
Clean and dust the inside of the walls with a damp cloth
The first thing to do before sealing the shower is to be sure to remove all accumulations of dust and dirt. Clean the walls with a damp cloth and water. Then dry it with a clean cloth. Make sure the wall is dry and free of dirt before you start sealing it.
One factor to take into account is the shower stone tiles. These are usually very delicate, so they should be given special treatment.
Spray the shower with the sealant and spread it
You can use a sponge or cloth to spread the sealant. You have to keep going up and down the wall trying to use even coats.
Among the most popular brands of sealers for this type of stone are DuPont Stone Sealer and Miracle Sealants. It is substantial that you get a penetrating sealer and not a topical one for stone. A good bathroom stone cleaner will always be necessary for your home if you have a luxury bathroom.
Let the sealer sit for 15 minutes.
During this time, the marble will absorb the sealant and start to darken.
Remove excess sealant from the shower area.
- Use a dry absorbent cloth to remove excess sealant that builds upon the top of the shower. Check this guide to learn to install a shower base on the concrete floor.
- To hold the stone in optimal condition, you must remove all excess sealant that builds upon the area or that has not been absorbed, because the excess sealant can soil the stone.
- Allow the sealant to set for 24 hours.
- It would help if you allowed the stone to completely absorb the sealer and allow it to dry on the area before using the shower again. You must seal the shower stone from the stone once every six months.
- Make everyone in the home understand that if they use the shower before the sealant dries, they could damage the stone.
- The most important thing to do in this procedure is to be too careful. There is no doubt that this is within the simplest cleaning methods but that in parallel, you can carry out very complex.
- In this procedure you cannot use any spray or cleaner you find, these have the possibility of spoiling your stone and offer a bad appearance to your bathroom.
- On the internet, you can find several DIY natural stone shower cleaners of excellent quality and low prices that can help care for your shower.
How to Clean Stone Shower Walls: FAQ
What is the most outstanding shower wall cleaner?
Currently, there are different high-class cleaners for this kind of problem.
On the other hand, we tried to focus on those that were most important and had the best effect.
In the article read before you will have the possibility to find all of them. The Bucko Soap Scum and Grime Cleaner-32oz Refill Bottle is one of the best shower wall cleaner so far as I have personally used it.
- 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗘𝗥𝗖𝗜𝗔𝗟 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗡𝗚𝗧𝗛: Dissolves tough soap scum and grime, leaving a beautiful shine. Makes glass shower doors, yellow stained textured acrylic bathtubs, dull chrome fixtures, sinks with dried out laundry detergent buildup, and wheel rims like new again
- 𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗔𝗡𝗧: Light scent of lemonwater. No bleach, no acid, and no harsh chemicals. Non-toxic, septic system safe. Pleasant to use for tough jobs and regular touch-ups alike
- 𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗞 𝗦𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗥: No scrubbing required for most jobs. Just spray and wipe away. For tougher jobs, may need to spray and let sit and some scrubbing. Leaves a beautiful, protective shine that will show up after the next shower or rinse.
How can I make the walls of my shower white again?
Some of the most effective procedures that there are at present consist of using vinegar.
Several others use detergents, and so on. On the other hand, the best thing is to call an expert in the matter, this kind of stones are exceptionally delicate, and some poorly managed action can cost your bathroom distinction with a stone shower.
What can I use to clean natural stone?
You can use bleach or peroxide to clean visible stones and lacquer thinner or acetone for darker stones. It is substantial not to use the substance over an extended period to avoid ruining the natural stone. Any acid spillage should be wiped up instantly, and then the area should be cleaned with a damp cloth.
You can remove most types of dirt using detergent, a cloth, and a soft-bristle brush. You have to remove the stains by identifying their type and applying a correct regime (e.g. ammonia for oil-based paints).
It can save the stone wall by avoiding acidic and abrasive cleaners and discarding excess moisture from the stone after using the shower.
It is substantial that if you are unsure of this work, leave it to the experts.
On the other hand, if you want to do it on your means, you can follow our advice.
Having a stone shower in your place of life can be something extraordinary visually; on the other hand, can be a nuisance over time if you do not keep it clean. Hope you learned how to clean stone shower walls.