How to Decorate a Brick Wall Outside | Step By Step Guide With Tools
This primary article objective is meant to educate us on how to decorate a brick wall outside, decorating bricks, how to clean brick walls, clean and protecting brick walls, ideas to decorate empty walls, and other relevant subtopics discussed in the articles.
How to Decorate a Brick Wall Outside: Necessary tools
For decorating a brick wall outside you will need some tools. Here are the tools recommended below;
A ladder or scaffolding
- SUPERIOR SAFETY: This 8-foot step ladder is made of superior quality, non-conductive fiberglass
- PATENTED PRO-TOP SYSTEM: V-shape Pro Top allows the ladder to lean against walls, buildings and poles; and has plenty of features to improve performance when working electrical, construction, and residential jobs. It includes a hardware tray, drill and tool slots, and pipe or 2x4 holder
- WORK BECOMES EASIER: Molded Top With Handyman's Tool Slots
A high-pressure cleaner
- ✔Powerful Pressure Washer:Pressure washer delivers a higher cleaning performance and uniform cleaning results, This 1800W electric power washer motor generates 2880PSI, 1.7GPM can remove even the most stubborn and encrusted dirt within seconds.
- ✔【Convenient Design】Wheels make this pressure washer easy to move,owners can take this pressure washer where you need it.The well-designed tank releases the right amount of suds so that there is no wasted detergent left puddling on the pavement.Easy to assemble and use.
- ✔On-board Hose Reel -- The high pressure washer hose is stationary in the reel so that it can be used steadily without being crushed under other objects and the mess. Great! All Troubles Fade Away. Also don't ignore the sturdy wheels, that make your movement more convenient even if you are a petite woman.
- Easy to Connect: Simply download the Govee Home app, search for and select H5075, and pair it successfully within minutes. With a 260ft/80m Bluetooth range, you'll be notified of any air changes immediately.
- Accuracy: Built in Swiss made smart hygrometer sensor, the temperature is accurate to ±0.54°F while humidity is ±3%RH. It provides high precise monitoring. Up to 2S refresh speed always gives you the lastest changes of environment.
- Large LCD Display: It offers realtime temp/humidity readings with large numbers and max/min records on 3 inch LCD screen, comes with 3 level comfort indicators dry/comfort/wet keeping you aware of house situation with just a glance.
A wall roll
- COMPREHENSIVE SET: Package includes 11 piece: Tray, Roller Frame (9"), 2 Roller Covers (9"x1/2"), Roller Frame (4"), 2 Roller Covers (4"x1/2"), 2" Angel Paint Brush, High Density Foam Brush
- PROFESSIONAL QUALITY: This paint tray set is high quality intended to be long lasting and easy to clean. Exceptional ability to get the job done quickly with a superior finish.
- THICK FILAMENTS AND NAP: The synthetic filaments in the paint brush are designed to hold more paint to save you time and give you the finish you are looking for. The Naps for the paint rollers are 1/2 inch thick, perfect for painting the house. Filaments and Naps are durable and long-lasting.
- Fast cement
- A roll of adhesive
- Water-based paint (more ecological, or synthetic)
- A container and a paint bucket
- A soft brush
- A wire brush
- Water or white spirit
- Watering can
- A cloth
- Old clothes
How to Decorate a Brick Wall Outside
Many people choose brick for their stamina and value. However, due to the age or colour of your brick – or just as a personal preference – you may desire to change it. Despite its permanence, there are quite a few ways you can decorate a brick wall.
Paint your brick wall in an inexpensive way to get a whole new look. This is a great option if the brick is old, you don’t like the colour, or want a brighter look. You need to prepare the wall to paint properly and use a primer. Records of latex and Portland cement are a good choice. However, alkyd, rubber, and epoxy paints do not allow steam on the wall to escape and should not be applied to the brick.
Now put the pictures or hanging Shelves for an easy way to decorate. To hang pictures or shelves on the outside of your brick wall, you should use concrete screws, lead or concrete anchors, and picture hangers. These are a good option for pictures or shelves up to 30 lbs.
Put up a mantel if you have a fireplace with a brick wall. It creates a focal point and can bring a warm and romantic atmosphere to the room. You can further decorate the fireplace with candles, pictures, or a light vase that accentuates the colors in your room.
Now, plant the ivy to get the look of an old English garden if your brick wall is outside. Ivy is a great vertical climber and can cover an area in a few years. If you have a new brick or the structure is in good condition, ivy should cause no problem, however, if the brick is old or you have crumbling use mortar with caution. Ivy could cause further damage.
Tile your brick wall for a whole makeover. Before applying the tile outside, go over the brick wall with a wire brush to dislodge any mortar debris, and then scrub off the residue with a rag soaked in white vinegar. As long as the brick has not been painted, you can use a fortified, thin-set mortar to apply the tile. Use a trowel to apply it to the brick and remember to “butter” the backs of the slate tiles.
How to decorate a brick wall
Particularly exposed to bad weather, dirt, light, and wear and tear, brick walls deserve to be decorated with the utmost care. They will give your home a warm, original, or welcoming look. For greater efficiency, it is preferable to do this kind of work in summer.
Step 1: prepare the surface.
- Wash your wall with the pressure washer then remove the dust with a soft brush.
- If necessary, scrape the saltpeter from the wall with a wire brush.
- With a hygrometer, check the humidity level of your wall, which should not exceed 5%.
- Check the join and repair it if it fails. Likewise, if you spot any cracks, fill them up using rapid cement (for brick walls).
- Protect window frames and other woodwork by covering them with adhesive.
Step 2: painting.
Start with the bottom layer of primary paint, painting from top to bottom with a move back and forth with a roller. This layer will provide cohesion between the wall and the finishing layer. Use thin and well-distributed layers to avoid excess thickness and obtain a uniform appearance. Then apply a second coat of paint in the colour of your choice by making crossed strips using your roller. Finally, perform the straightening with regular movements up and down. Take the time to let the paint dry well between each coat. Remember to use darker paint for the bottom of the wall, which is more exposed to dirt.
Step 3: the finishing touches:
- Release the protective tape before the paint dries.
- Clean the paint trail on the floor.
- Correct the last imperfections using the brush.
Step 4: clean the equipment.
Wash the brushes and roller by soaking them in white spirit (for synthetic paint) or water (for water-based paint). Then rub them with lye. Rinse them with clean water, and then let them dry before putting them away.
Steps To Clean and Protect a Brick Wall
The brick wall gives a house a lot of character. However, bad weather easily clogs it up. We will offer you an illustrated step-by-step guide to revitalizing your brick wall. Brick is not only characteristic of certain regions; it always brings charm to a home. However, a brick wall needs regular maintenance because the brick will pick up dirt that easily clogs it. Using a waterproofing agent will protect your brick wall. Brick walls inside or outside add to the charm of a house.
This only applies if the stones are properly maintained. However, brick walls are easily clogged with smoke, pollution, and other inclement weather, which is why it is important to regularly clean the bricks, as well as to protect them in a lasting way. We will explain to you through various steps how to clean and protect your brick wall in 5 steps.
Remember to protect the plantings. There is a risk of the treatment being accidentally sprayed if a sprinkler is used.
Remove as much moss and lichen as possible by brushing your wall and if necessary, use a high-pressure cleaner.
Thoroughly remove the brick wall waterproofing and pour it into a spray tank.
Start impregnation from the bottom of the wall. Proceed in bands and cross the application regularly. To limit the risk of splashing, it is also possible to apply the product with a roller or brush. The application of the waterproofing will, of course, be slower.
Product installation is complete. The drying time will be 24 hours. Then the product will become completely invisible. After drying is complete, your brick wall is visibly immaculate and durably protected thanks to waterproofing. Regular maintenance with a brush is still required to keep them as long as possible. A waterproofing product will permanently protect your wall from bad weather—the equipment required: Transparent sealing Brush Tarpaulin Sprayer Optional material: Roller Brush high-pressure cleaner.
We trust that, in relation to this article, you have learned a lot about the best way to decorate a wall, the recommended product for decorating the wall, various types of wall coverings, ideas for decorating blank walls, and other sub-topics discussed in the content of the article.
Read More: How to Decorate an Archway in Your Home