How to Keep an Air Conditioner from Falling Out the Window
Air conditioners are a great way to keep cool during the summer months. But some people have found that their air conditioner is not as effective as it once was. Some find that their air conditioner has fallen out of the window! If your air conditioner is not working correctly, you may need to take steps to ensure it remains in place and doesn’t fall out and learn how to keep an air conditioner from falling out the window.
Reasons for Air Conditioner Falling Out the Window
- AC did install incorrectly.
- The air conditioner was old and weak.
- The screen did not secure properly to the window.
- The window was old, weak, and poorly constructed.
- The window did not secure properly to the wall.
- The air conditioner was pushed in by the wind.
- The window frame was weak.
- AC did secure poorly.
- AC did not secure properly.
- The window did not correctly seal.
- The air conditioner did not balance properly.
- Was too much pressure on the air conditioner
How to Prevent Your Air Conditioner from Falling Out the Window?
Many reasons are behind why your air conditioner might fall out the window. These incidents commonly occur when you open up your window after the A/C has been running for a few hours and the pressure changes destabilize the A/C. There are many preventive measures you can take to prevent it from falling:
- It would help if you opened a window opposite the one where the A/C does locate, so the pressure doesn’t have to change when you inevitably have to open the window.
- You should open it slowly and shut it quickly, or use a screen or suction cup to keep it secure.
- If you live in a high place, you might want to get an anti-gravity charm to keep your window shut tightly.
How to Secure the Air Conditioner to Your Window?
The first step to securing the air conditioner to your window is measuring your window and the width of the air conditioner. You will need at least three screws that are long enough to go through the top and bottom of the air conditioner and into the wall. Attach a hole saw bit to a drill and make four holes in your window: Make two holes near each edge and one in the center for passing cables through.
Safety Tips to Keep an Air Conditioner from Falling Out the Window
A safety tip to keep an air conditioner from falling out the window is to install a metal bracket on the top and sides of the air conditioner. It will help secure the device to the window frame. When it is impossible, it would be best to remove as much weight as possible from around the air conditioner, such as items stored on the windowsill or hanging off other shelves or tables close by it.
It is a simple solution to your air conditioner falling out the window. Try using a piece of old pantyhose. Tie the hose to the window frame, then wrap it around the unit once below it. If there are any gaps, use more hose. If you want to avoid accidents with your air conditioners that could lead to injury or property damage, consider this article’s tips on how to keep an air conditioner from falling out of your window.