How to Update Arlo Firmware | Step By Step Guide By Expert
Arlo is another cool and reliable home automation company with many smart solutions unmatched in feasibility, efficiency, and practicality. These are the smartest and fastest devices you can get and generally work without any errors. However, if you are having trouble updating the Firmware on any of the Arlo devices, here are a few things you should try. In this guide, I will teach you how to update Arlo firmware.
How to Update Arlo Firmware?
Arlo is a trusted brand that should not be portrayed in today’s current world. It is primarily a wireless, high-definition (HD) smart camera that provides security in every corner of your home.
Arlo Smart Camera is full of many amazing and incomparable features. One of the most important features of the device is its automatic update. Furthermore, you can manually update the Arlo camera firmware by following the instructions on the Arlo login page.
To update the Firmware on the Arlo Q plus and Arlo Go cameras follow the steps below:
- First, you need to download the Arlo app or visit the official Arlo website.
- After that, you need to go to settings and click on my devices.
- Now, you may need to select the camera who’s Firmware you want to update in this step.
- Then click on the device information option and select Firmware.
- When you select the device information option, click update. We recommend not disconnecting the Arlo camera or removing the battery in this step.
- Now, you need to wait a few minutes to complete the Arlo firmware update process. If the LED light on your Arlo camera is blue and yellow, it means that the firmware process is still in progress. The LED will turn off after the firmware update process, and your Arlo camera will restart. And if the LED on your Arlo camera lights up again, it means your camera is ready to use.
To update the Firmware on the Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cameras, follow the quick steps below:
- First, be sure to go to the login page on Arlo.com or open the Arlo app.
- You need to click on the Settings option and select the devices option.
- Now, select the camera who’s Firmware you want to update.
- Click Device Information and select Firmware.
- You must then click update to start the Arlo update process. Make sure your Arlo camera is properly plugged into an electrical outlet during the update process.
- Wait a few minutes for the Arlo camera connection update process to complete successfully.
- You will receive an orange and blue light during the download process.
- After the update process, your Arlo camera will automatically sync with the base station. This time the LED light on your Arlo camera flashes blue quickly.
Note: If you have different cameras, you may need to repeat each camera’s Arlo firmware update process.
How to Fix Arlo Firmware Update that does not work
Restart the device
It won’t work when you try to install a new device and get an error message that says “Firmware update pending”. It implies your device is stuck with an error and can’t connect to the server. Fortunately, this error message is rather simple to resolve, and all you have to do is turn on this device.
Turn the gadget off and then back on. This will ensure that you get the correct signals on your device, and the error will be cleared. You will not have to deal with similar issues after restarting, and the Firmware will update automatically.
Check the internet
Another thing that can stand in the way of updates is your internet connection. You need to make sure that your Wi-Fi router is working properly and getting enough speed to help your devices download firmware updates without any problems.
If the update hangs halfway, you will need to test your internet connection speed test. It would be best to restart the router once and let it reconnect to your Arlo device. This will optimally solve the problem, and you will be able to download without any problems.
Check the battery
For Arlo devices with battery try not to upgrade the Firmware unless they are at 75%. This is a security feature because if the update gets stuck or the device shuts down during the update, it can cause problems. Therefore, make sure that the device has over 75% battery if you have any problems with the firmware update, and it will easily solve the problem for you.
Try forcibly updating
You can also try forcibly updating or manually updating the Firmware if you have problems with automatic updates. For devices with a reset button, you must keep it pressed, and it will automatically return the lamp to the default settings. After resetting, it will update to the latest Firmware available online.
Another option is to go to Settings on the device you’re using to connect the Arlo device. You’ll notice an option to select a device, and then you’ll be able to proceed to the update menu and install the appropriate firmware update.
Useful tips for Troubleshooting Arlo Firmware Updates
While your “Arlo firmware update failed” – This is a regular issue with Arlo cameras when trying to update the software. Is your Arlo now undergoing a firmware update? Don’t worry; we’ve included some helpful solutions below that you can try if the update doesn’t work.
While connecting to the camera, the firmware upgrade failed.
Don’t worry if the Arlo camera firmware does not update immediately after attaching it. Assume you are unable to update the camera either automatically or manually. In that situation, you may have skipped some steps or neglected to thoroughly follow the Firmware upgrade instructions. So, read the recommendations carefully, adjust the instructions, and start the process all over again.
A software upgrade was unsuccessful.
You can manually update the device software if the firmware upgrade fails to update automatically. As initially said, manually updating the Firmware is a straightforward operation. To complete the process:
- Open the app and then go to settings.
- Go to My Devices and choose your camera model.
- Go to the device information tab, the firmware tab, and finally to the update option.
It takes a long time to update the gadget.
If your camera’s firmware update takes many hours to complete, you should cancel the current update and start over.
The update has been stuck at a certain point.
Ensure the battery cover is closed if the Arlo firmware update has been stuck for a long time. The update will get stuck in the middle of the open battery cover, or the batteries are not in the case.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I update my Arlo firmware?
To manually update the Arlo Q, Q Plus, or Go Firmware:
- Log into my.arlo.com or open the Arlo app.
- Make sure you go to Settings> My Devices.
- Choose the camera that needs to be updated.
- Device Information> Firmware> Update (tap or click).
- Allow for the firmware update to finish.
To manually change the Firmware on your router, follow these steps:
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect your computer to the router.
- Contact NETGEAR support.
- Enter the model number or product name of your router.
- Click Downloads.
- Select the firmware version and click Download.
- Unzip the file if necessary.
- Enter routerlogin.net into a web browser.
How long does it take to update the Arlo firmware?
Can you reset the Arlo camera?
Log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com or use the Arlo app. Select the Arlo Go camera you wish to reset from the Settings> My Devices menu. Touch or click Remove Device. Your Arlo Go camera has been reset to factory settings.
Why doesn’t my Arlo camera connect to my phone?
Uninstall/reinstall the application and restart your phone/tablet. Make sure your phone/tablet uses Wi-Fi on your home network, not your mobile phone. Restart the database. Remove the base and cameras from the account and add them back.
If you’re having trouble updating your Arlo devices, just follow the solutions listed here, and you’ll be able to successfully update your camera. If you do not understand any of the above steps, you are free to contact their technicians at any time.