How to Update your Home Decor | 5 Awesome Tips With Suggested Tools
Updating your home decor will always be a fundamental step since your home is part of your identity. The world is continually evolving, and as time progresses, millions of innovative trends emerge that make us feels the existence of a new era. We also include home decoration in this evolution because it is incredible how new ideas arise every year. All this theme of taking good care of the aesthetics of the houses’ decoration has also become an art of every modernized home. But the question is how to update your home decor.
If you are tired of your home, and everything seems untidy and unclean, a simple change in decor for the house can do wonders and completely transform your dwelling. With a focus on easy and inexpensive elements to change, such as textiles, small decorative objects, utilities, and bedroom blinds and curtains you can completely update your home decor while upgrading your home without spending a lot on it.
How to Update your Home Decor: The Tools Needed
When working on how to update your home decor, some tools are usually required. This includes:
Mirrors such as the BESTOPE Vanity Mirror with Lights are great pieces needed in your home decor. This mirror also saves a lot of space for your dressing table, and you can hang it on the wall easily.
- Large Vanity Mirror:BESTOPE Newest vanity mirror has a perfect large size(23.6"x 19.9"), It's large enough for makeup, instagram lives and take pictures , suitable for dresser and bedroom.Detachable 10X magnification spot mirror for your eye makeup,meet all your needs.
- Charge for 2 Phones: The hollywood mirror design with 2 charge ports on the side,USB C and USB A plug can charge for your 2 phones simultaneously while making up.saving your time in busy morning. the phone mount stand can lean your cellphone on.
- 3 Color Lights&Ajustable Brightness:The lighted vanity mirror with 3 adjustable color lighting modes(warm light/natural light/cold light), adjustable brightness ensures your makeup looks flawless, you can check your makeup under different lighting conditions.
Indoor Decorative Pillows
Indoor Decorative Pillows such as the Utopia Bedding Throw Pillows are also required if you desire to update your home decor.
The Utopia Bedding Throw Pillows are excellent decorative Pillows which work excellently in any space. They have also been correctly made to be extra fluffy, while the removable covers usually ensure much ease when washing them.
- SQUARE PILLOW PACK - Pack of 2 decorative square pillows for your couches or bedroom; they are neither too big nor too small and they give off a homely vibe
- PACKAGING - Pillows are compressed in vacuum packaging because of shipping purpose, they might appear as one large pillow.
- DIMENSIONS - Each square pillow measures 18 by 18 inches
Plants work significantly with regards to updating your home decor. And one of such is the OUTLEE 3 Pack Mini Artificial Potted Plants. These are quite perfect for displaying on tabletops or any other space which requires greenery decor.
- This set of 3 artificial plastic plants includes three kinds of cute mini potted plants. They are eucalyptus, boxwood and rosemary plants with green leaves.
- The pot is made of good paper pulp, please do not put it in the water. Stay fresh-looking year after year without worry about sunlight, watering, trimming or other maintenance.
- The mini potted fake plants are made of environmentally friendly material and are non-toxic and durable. and set in gray paper pulp pots with simulated foam soil. Vibrant colors to achieve a realistic and vivid look.
Curtains are quite important when updating your home decor, and a great product in this category is the H.VERSAILTEX Thermal Insulated Blackout Grommet Curtain Drapes.
- STANDARD SIZE: These blackout vibrant curtain drapes are sold per set including 2 panels. Panel measures: 52"W x 84"L|Set measures: 104"W x 84"L. Each panel has 8 vintage grommets, inner diameter of grommet is 1 5/8 inch
- NATURAL BLACKOUT: Crafted from triple inner woven natural microfiber fabric, soft, silky and smooth, skin-friendly, formaldehyde vinyl free, add the peaceful environment. While still can block out 90% sun light and prevent 100% UV ray
- SMART FUNCTION: These charming decorative energy-saving window treatment panels are functional and fashionable, have high features on thermal insulated, room darkening, energy efficient, noise reducing and privacy adding
These excellent curtain panels work extensively to block over 90 percent of the sun’s rays. In the end, you will enjoy much privacy, as well as a quiet and serene environment.
How to Update your Home Decor
Update your home decor is quite necessary. Thus, we have highlighted some tips you can use to make your home gain new air from the living room to the bedroom, from the kitchen to the bathroom.
Tip # 1: Update the decor by betting on textiles
Changing textiles is the easiest (and probably the cheapest) way to update your home decor. Textiles are all house accessories made of fabric, such as curtains, cushions, and blankets. With many patterns, colours, and textures to choose from, the tricky thing is not to change the textiles in your home but to decide what type of textiles you want to have.
Let’s start with the curtains. In addition to the aesthetic aspect, it is essential to pay attention to the curtains’ fabric type, depending on the room where they will be placed. In the living room, the fabric can be lighter (such as voile, twill, or linen); the fabrics used for bedroom curtains must be opaque and provide a total obscuration effect.
Choose patterns or colors that match the overall decor of the home or room. Keep in mind that lighter colors will let more light through, and darker colors (mostly black and dark blue) can make the room too hot in summer.
For the living room, the curtains can be made of a lighter and more transparent fabric. The place of excellence for pillows and blankets in the living room, but you can also put some in the bedroom. Cute and cozy, the blankets decorate and help protect the sofa and bed cover and add an extra layer of warmth for the coldest days. Remember the following rule: if the bedroom or living room’s decoration is predominantly in plain colors, you can lose your head with the patterns on the blankets and pillows. If you already have a patterned sofa or a quilt with many aesthetic details, the ideal is to choose pillows and blankets in a single color. Play with the textures and combine velvet with cotton, plush with satin.
Tip # 2: Give the walls another colour to change the environment
Sometimes, all we need is to change the walls around us. With paint or wallpaper, you can choose to give a new look to all the walls or highlight each room’s main wall. For example, you can put an elegant wallpaper behind the headboard or recreate a different space in the room, painting a wall in another color.
Nowadays, it is possible to find quality paints, at reduced prices and with the colors of the latest trends. Although there is a lot of variety regarding the wallpaper, prices can be a little higher. The difficulty in applying paper can increase costs, requiring the support of professionals to do so.
Whichever option you choose, make sure the color or pattern you choose is neutral enough to keep it going for a few years. Although it is simple to change, nobody wants to have the job of painting or applying new wallpaper after a few months.
Tip # 3: Use and abuse plants to decorate
Indoor plants are a trend and are here to stay! When we have become increasingly aware of the importance of respecting and caring for the environment, bringing Nature into the home has become a trend. In addition to decorating, plants are the perfect pastime to help you relax and unwind.
In the living room, bedroom, or kitchen, any place is excellent for planting. When selecting plants for each room, pay attention to the light conditions and the plant’s needs. More resistant plants need little care, and others more sensitive, which must have controlled sun exposure and frequent watering and pruning.
In the elegance of the room, nothing is better than the green color of the plants. To make the task of placing plants at home even more fun, choose original pots. Ceramic, plastic, or those made using macramé techniques, there are many options for vases to make your home even more colorful.
Tip # 4: Pack to decorate
Sometimes, the real problem in our house is not the decoration, but the tidiness. To update your home decor in the best way, we suggest that you review your home’s storage options and invest in support accessories that allow you to optimize the mess.
In the living room, wicker baskets can be used to store magazines, television controls, and other small objects that are always scattered on the sofa—mix baskets of different sizes for an original effect. If your living room has a dining space, bet on a sideboard or support furniture to keep crockery, cutlery, table linen, and napkins always tidy and close at hand.
In the bedroom, the wardrobe is the principal storage place. If you think your wardrobe is small and has little storage, you can choose to put boxes inside to store accessories and other small objects, such as belts, jewelry, bags, and hats. A dolly is also a good option, as it allows you to have the clothes you wear most on hand.
Tip # 5: Hang pictures or frames
If you feel that your home lacks a personal touch, the best way to achieve this is by hanging photographs and pictures on the walls. Choose photos from your last family trip, your child’s birthday, or Christmas dinner and print. Choose an elegant frame that matches the rest of the home decor and proudly display family memories.
Hang your favorite photos next to a comfortable chair. Alternatively, you can hang mirrors at specific house points (such as at the entrance). In addition to blocking bad energy according to Feng Shui, the mirrors at the house entrance can be very useful to take a last look at yourself and ensure that you leave the house at your best.
How to Update your Home Decor: Frequently Asked Questions
How often should you change home decor?
It’s best to change your home decor every three to four years, as trends are always evolving, and your room needs to look updated always.
How do I update my living room decor?
You can update your living room decor by using the following tips:
- Renew the wall paint
- Get stylish rugs
- Swap out your lampshades
- Get new throw pillows
- Include floating shelves in the decor
- Get stylish storage boxes
What updates add value to a home?
Updates in all home sections such as the living room, bedroom, kitchen, etc., usually add value to a home, as earlier highlighted above.
How do you update outdated furniture?
You can update outdated furniture through the following steps:
- Strip the paint & add a clear wax
- Paint it
- Stain it to get decorative patterns after painting
How can I make my living room beautiful?
You can make your living room beautiful through the following steps:
- Hang your curtains high
- Get beautiful lampshades
- Mix up your decorative pieces
- Display elegant artworks
- Showcase fresh flowers
In conclusion, it is always necessary to make a change in your house, and when you decide to do it, you should always be guided by the trend that is taking place and what is most fashionable.
Furthermore, with the tips highlighted above, you can update your home decor without any hassles.
Read More: How to Vent a Range Hood on an Interior Wall