Neon Pothos Care | A Proper Caring Guide By Expert
Well! Nature is your best friend, only if you know how to preserve and take care of it. Yes, the best way to go about it is to have a house plant at your home. If you want a house plant that can brighten your home, fret not! We are here to guide you well. Neon Pothos is the best option because its care is easy, but few essential things you should know concerning keeping it fresh. In this article, Neon Pothos care Guide; we will give you some essential tips and precautions to deal with them.
The Neon Pothos has a unique natural color; very few house plants have this attractive color, so it is great to add to your collection. There are different ways of caring for different types of Pothos, depending upon various factors.
About Neon Pothos
The Neon pothos is famous for the bright green color of its leaves and stems as well. Neon has all of those durable properties that most house plant lovers expect from Pothos, especially with the shiny green color foliage. It is straightforward to grow in uniformly moist, fertile, and well-drained soil. Use the balanced liquid fertilizer, and trim plant to maintain the ideal shape and size every month. The soil should not be so damp and soggy. The best time to water
- The plants are 5 to 7 days depending on the sunlight and temperature conditions. In the forests of Asia and Africa, it grows well in subtropical areas.
- As for some facts and nomenclature, its scientific name is Epipremnum Aureum, and it belongs to the family of Araceae. You may identify it by its nickname; Devil’s Ivy.
- The plant can increase due to its fast growth in pretty dark places. If you want to improve Pothos’ growth pattern, you may go for it by cuttings of vertical structural lengths. It is a good starter as a houseplant, as its attitude is very much related to light and humidity concerns.
- The Pothos are good options for the office environments because they improve the air quality and fluorescent lights. These plants help clean air when grown in lift lobbies and parking areas.
Neon Pothos Plant Care Guide
The following will be much crucial for the Neon pothos house plant.
- You must initiate with this indoor plant; it can grow even in small containers for the first time. With time it will have to be repotted again. But if you want it to grow outside, make sure that the soil should have both efficiency and moisture elements.
- If the soil is well-drained, the pothos plants can give the best results. The critical point to note here is that the Neon plants can grow even in water jars, but their roots act negatively when transferred in soil and over watered. You can propagate neon pothos in water, but not quickly as they are planted in soil.
- You should choose the average and well-drained soil to make its growth quicker. Pothos can grow well in the PH of 6.1 to 6.5 but do not perform well if it goes to the lower PH level.
- Not only the Neon plants, but any house plant can also grow in the soil that has a high nutritious value and drains well. You can improve its growth if you care about the soil content.
- To propagate Neon pothos in water, you should be careful about whether excess water is not for its growth. Water the plants just enough to get the soil moist, but it should not be so soggy and saturated.
- Organize the watering schedule so that it will help you to stop over or under watering your Neon plants.
- Remember that if you have not watered them for one time, don’t worry. They can hold the occasional missed watering.
- If you grow the plants in waterlogged soil, you will notice the neon pothos turning yellow. You can clean the pot under the pot and drain the plant after watering to avoid the risk of roots rot.
- To get rid of the excessive water, use the containers with drainage holes. Less water given to neon pothos can lead to the curling of leaves and thus becomes dead.
- Finally, the leaves will drop, but the roots should be damp and not permitted to be flooded between regular watering. When you see that the top 2 inches of soil are becoming dry, you should water it again carefully. Therefore you should water the pothos plants when you see that 25 % of the soil top in the containers is dry for best results.
- The neon plants can grow in low light but give the best results in bright and indirect light all over the year.
- Harsh and intense sunlight is not suitable for green leaves, but too little sunlight will lead to leaves turning smaller and pale green.
- Keep the plants near the window so that the bright and indirect sunlight can reach them.
- On the other hand, if you keep the plant in a room where the light condition is not arranged correctly, like in the darkroom, the leaves will lose their variegation, and eventually, the health and development of the plant will suffer.
- If you want the full neon pothos benefits, you should be careful about the temperature issue. This plant is indigenous to the Solomon Islands. Thus it is easy to understand that these plants like a high humidity level and the temperature between 70 to 90 % degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make sure about the place where you have kept the plant in the required temperature range. Moreover, the neon pothos can grow quicker in such a temperature range but works well in temperatures less than 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On the other side, if the temperature is lower in this range, you will notice that your leaves turn black.
- Neon pothos can grow well in high humidity. Therefore your kitchen and bathroom will be the ideal places to grow these plants.
- If you notice that the leaves’ tips turn brown, the atmosphere is too dry. Due to the reason that they are tropical plants and can prefer high humidity conditions, they can also grow in low humidity content.
- If you see the lack of moisture and the plant appearance is straining, fill the saucer with stones and water.
- Set the plant over the rocks, but make sure that the pot should have drainage holes in it, and the bottom of the bank should not dip into the water. You can also improve the humidity by misting once or twice a week.
- If you want to propagate neon pothos turning green leaves, provide it with proper soil, and it can do well even not being fertilized.
- However, fertilize these plants after every 2 to 3 months during the growth period. This will increase the rate of growth as soon as possible.
- A healthy house plant fertilizer is best for neon pothos. You can evaluate your soil for the need of fertilizer. For soil testing, some gardening shops offer the required kits to search for the necessary nutrients and missing in the soil.
- Some fertilizers contain all of the essential nutrients, and few have only sixteen to thrive and grow. But the organic fertilizers have crucial nutrients, which can increase soil fertility to optimize Neon pothos’ growth for sure.
- On the other hand, organic fertilizers can maintain a healthy production rate for a long time and increase growth. Of course, whatever you use the fertilizer, you have to follow the details on the fertilizer packet to ensure the correct amount of product to be used for the container’s specific size in which the plant is growing.
Neon Pothos Care: FAQs
How do you care for neon Pothos?
The neon pothos can grow well under fluorescent lights, but the best option is to spot out of direct sunlight. Avoid direct and hot sunlight and keep the plant away from drafts. These plants are vigorous growers and can grow well in hanging baskets.
How often you water neon pothos?
It would help if you sprayed your Pothos enough to keep the soil moist but not wet or saturated. It is best to water when the top 50% of the earth is dry. Look out for drooping yellow leaves. It is a symptom of yellow leaves.
Why does have my neon pothos have brown tips?
Brown tips of plants mean that the atmosphere is too dry, but it can hold to low humidity weather.
To conclude the topic, Neon pothos care guide, it is essential to say that as the name shows, that leaf of plant has a vivid yellow-green color, but as time goes on, their leaves become brighter. Therefore they can grow well in places with more sunlight since less sunlight makes them look attractive. This plant can grow in many ways, but only you have to follow the useful tips and facts discussed above.