How to Remove a Jacuzzi Tub| Learn Most Easiest Methods
Articles, products, and services offered on this site are for informational purposes only. We recommend using caution and seeking professional advice. This site provides general information. We are part of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Amazon.com is compensated for sales resulting from links on our website.
Please review our disclaimer before taking action based on anything you read or see.
Removing a Jacuzzi tub is easy if you have the proper knowledge. All you have to do is gather all the tools that you need in the process. And a helping hand is handy to assist you in this project. Prepare a list of tasks and give it a sequence that will guide you to move step by step and protect you avoiding making mistakes. Additionally, keep the safety equipment too with you for your security. The main and the most important thing is you should know the minimum information regarding plumbing this job. If you want to know how to remove a Jacuzzi tub, follow these few primary steps. Have a look at this guide to learn how to install a towel bar on a glass shower door.
Before doing all of this installation, make sure about these things:
- Please ensure that the safety parameters are in place and instructions are read and applied for applying the procedure.
- Please ensure that removing the fiberglass bathtub and replacing the bathtub faucets is done professionally without damaging the infrastructure. Learn to replace fiberglass shower with tile.
- While installing the new Jacuzzi tub, ensure it is not damaged.
- Sometimes customers are confused with the latest technology used in the bathtubs and the outdated Jacuzzi tubs.
How to Remove a Jacuzzi Tub: Tools Required
- Super bar
- Jigsaw (optional)
- Safety Gloves
- Safety Goggles
- Reciprocating saw
- Channel-lock pliers
- Sharp knife
- Duct tape
These are some compulsory tools you will need to remove the Jacuzzi tub.
Overview of the tools:
Stubby Claw Hammer is a redesigned and refined work of art. With a conservative 8 ounce head and a thickset 6-inch generally speaking length, this sled is your ideal decision for little home activities and tight workspaces. It includes an inherent attractive nail holder for a simple beginning with a one-gave task. Built from solidified and produced composite steel for reliable strength, the mallet’s head is forever and safely gathered to fiberglass handle with epoxy that won’t ever extricate over the long haul. Its high influence bent paw can undoubtedly help you pull out intense nails. You will adore the uniquely planned enemy of vibration and against slip delicate elastic handle that gives you the greatest solace and adjusted striking force during use.
- Drop forged and heated treated alloy steel head provides maximum striking strength
- Sharpened and curved claw ends generates maximum nail-pulling leverage
- Finely polished finish with rust-preventative clear coating insures durability and longevity
B215 Original SuperBar is a fundamental instrument for mortgage holders and dealers. “Shepherd’s Crook” rocker head plan for maximum prying force; 15-Inch length gives immense influence. It is valuable for prying embellishment, scratching, and pulling nails. Fashioned, spring tempered steel for hardcore use. Three inclined nail spaces; cleaned, sharp cutting edges for simple addition.
No products found.
The Hammerhead 6-Amp Reciprocating Saw is proficient and prepared for all eliminating positions around the home or workshop including, woods, metals, PVC, and so forth. This responding saw highlights ergonomic plan, and the over-shape gives an agreeable grasp insight – decreasing vibration while cutting. Its blades can be replaced without a device by turning the throw and corners for metal and wood associated with the device.
- Power Performance - With 6-Amp power motor, adjust the speed range from 0- 3, 100 SPM for cutting wood, metals, PVC
- Tool-free Blade Change - Quickly swap out to a fresh blade
- Pivoting Foot - The shoe can be adjusted to different angles for extra stability when cutting stubborn materials
It is an advantageous variety of mainstream CHANNELLOCK apparatuses. An ideal present for individuals that understand what is the issue. The CHANNELLOCK Straight Jaw Tongue and Groove Plier is the instrument each home and carport needs. This plier is used to last with a PermaLockå¨ clasp to wipe out nut and screw disappointment, licensed strengthening edge to limit pressure breakage, and right point; laser heat-offered teeth give a superior, long-lasting enduring hold.
- Right angle, laser heat-treated teeth grip better and last longer
- Undercut tongue & groove design won't slip
- PERMALOCK fastener eliminates nut and bolt failure
Have you contemplated redesigning your arrangement of screwdrivers?
You don’t need to stand by anymore with this new complete arrangement of 20 pc high-grade magnetic screwdrivers we have you covered.
Its grasp makes it delicate and permits you to work quicker than at any other time, and limits hand weakness when you work on unbreakable and tight screws.
Screwdriver bits are magnetized to help keep the clasp set-up in working close access zones.
The magnetic screwdriver set incorporates 20 distinct sizes, Torx heads, Phillips heads, and flatheads to make your work simpler.
- Made of strong and durable chrome-vanadium steel, you have no need to worry about rusting. 15pc 5/32" Bits(4pc Slotted 1/16",5/64",3/32",1/8", 4pc Phillips PH000, PH00, PH0, PH1,7pc Torx: T4, T5, T6, T7, T8, T9, T10), 1pc Precision Ratcheting Screwdriver Handle,1pc Magnetic Driver,1pc Twezers,1pc Extention Bar,4pc Mini Sockets(2.5mm, 3.0mm, 4.0mm, 5.0mm),4pc Mini Spanner(4mm, 4.5mm, 5mm, 6mm)
- 27 in 1 precision screwdriver set is a professional repair tools kit for iPhone, iPad, Cell Phone, PC, Computer, Laptop, Tablet, Camera, Game Consoles, PS4/Xbox Controller, Watches, Glasses and Other Electronic Devices, as well as home appliances and auto repairs.
- Ergonomic and press & push design handle, it is comfortable to hold even for the long-time use. Additional Magnetic Driver, It can adjust the magnetism of the screwdriver tip flexibly
The fixing edge built of top-notch silicone combination material, which fits the face well indeed and the delicate surface furnishes you with an open to wearing inclination.
Face cover lash belt is appropriate for most head sizes, intended for tight and happy with wearing.
It is a reusable plan. Take care of business without incessant change-outs. It accompanies two sets of channel cotton for your substitution.
Suitable for science, open-air work, fastening, railroad, creation, sawfly, shooting, workshop, eye insurance DIY, lab, cutting apparatus specialist, cleaning, development, desert, architect, circuit technician, infield work, engineers, laser, machining, mechanics, and so forth.
No products found.
How to Remove a Jacuzzi Tub
- First of all, ensure that you follow all the safety measures by wearing recommended personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Wearing safety gloves protects the hands from any hazardous and sharp objects that can affect you while performing the following steps.
- Wearing the safety goggles protects the eyes from any dangerous material and can create any medical emergency while performing the activities.
- Use of an appropriate respirator is also essential to protect oneself from any hazardous substance entering through the mouth or nose that can affect the person.
- A respirator shall help to ensure that unhealthy substances must not enter the body of the person.
- First, you have to ensure that all safety measures are in place, close the main water pump and drain all the water from the tub, faucets, and water supply pipes.
- Turn off the jets and then shut off the electricity connected to the Jacuzzi tub as a safety precaution.
- Now start the removal of the things.
- First, remove the shower with the channel-lock pliers, then the shower curtain and its rod. Learn how to waterproof a shower without removing tiles.
- Remove the access panel now that is most commonly at the side of the tub.
- At this moment, hold the access panel with the super bar and pull it off towards you with your hand.
- Remove all the faucets attached to the tub and the fixtures with the help of a screwdriver.
- Detach all the plumbing lines linked with it with an adjustable wrench. Now hit the corners of the tub by using a hammer and reciprocating saw to take out the tub.
Tip: Throw all the garbage in the dustbin before removing the Jacuzzi tub not to get hurt by that.
- To remove the Jacuzzi tub, first, you need to check the design of the bathroom.
- You need to take out tiles and break the cement wall around the Jacuzzi tub with the help of a hammer and super bar to unhook its plumbing lines if there is any inside the wall.
- Now remove the sides of the Jacuzzi tub with the help of a hammer and super bar and replace it with a shower if you want.
- Throw out the nails if there is any attached to the bathtub by using a screwdriver.
- With the jigsaw or sharp knife, cut the surroundings of the Jacuzzi tub and remove it carefully.
- Now displace the Jacuzzi tub. For this, you will need a helping hand because the Jacuzzi tub is so heavy to lift it all alone.
- Wear gloves and use rags to hold the Jacuzzi tub because its sides are so sharp that you might hurt your hands.
Cost to Remove a Jacuzzi Tub
- If you are doing all processes alone, then it will cost 400$-600$.
- While if you get professional help, then it will cost 500$-1000$.
If you are replacing it with a non Jacuzzi tub, then it will have two options:
- 1st of all, disconnect the power. Some manufacturers have jet ports and inlet sealant to take out the Jacuzzi tub, which helps you take out the Jacuzzi tub.
- The other option is the full replacement, which costs you 5000$-10000$ range, according to the remodeling.
How to Remove a Jacuzzi Tub: FAQs
Can you replace a jetted tub with a regular tub?
Nowadays, jetted tubs are available in the market that can be purchased and replaced with the regular tub. When you plan to buy the Jacuzzi tub, you better take the measurements of the existing bathtub. Check in the market for a similar size of the Jacuzzi tub to avoid any additional installation costs.
Where is the filter on a Jacuzzi tub?
Usually, filters on a Jacuzzi tub are adjacent to the heater, but identifying the direction of water flow through the Jacuzzi tub piping system can be problematic to understand as a layman. Therefore, refer to the instruction manual of the manufacturer to identify the appropriate place for the filter.
What is the black stuff coming out of my Jacuzzi jets?
The waste coming out of the Jacuzzi jets as black color is the waste and residue as impurities after the bath such as bacteria from human skin, a leftover of the soap, and other junk which may not be easy draining from the Jacuzzi tub.
To conclude this topic, you must know this article is about removing a bathtub and replacing it with another bathtub or a shower. Like the removal of the Jacuzzi tub and replacing it with a shower. Therefore, always gather some knowledge and ask experts to give you better advice for any replacements you will have in the future.