How to Connect Arlo to TV | A Step By Step Guide (Fully Explained)
Articles, products, and services offered on this site are for informational purposes only. We are part of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Amazon.com is compensated for sales resulting from links on our website.
Please review our disclaimer before acting based on anything you read or see.
If you have recently purchased an Arlo camera and are having trouble connecting to a TV, the following guidelines and instructions are here to help. Most Arlo cameras are accessible and monitored through the Arlo app. In this guide, I will discuss how to connect Arlo to TV.
How to Connect Arlo to TV
Connecting an Arlo camera to a TV (using the Arlo app)
If you need to connect the Arlo app to a TV, all you need to do is connect the two devices. This link is currently available for built-in smart TVs with a flash drive on a web browser.
Provided that your Arlo cameras work properly via the Arlo app, you must first download and install the app via the Play Store (Android TV) or App Store (Apple TV). After launching the app, you must follow the instructions to log in to your Arlo account. This way, you can easily access the app (with all related features) on the bigger screen. In addition, users can watch live broadcasts and motion alerts on their TV screens.
Connect the Arlo camera to the TV (using Google Now)
You’ll need a Google Home Hub and Chromecast here. Set up a voice-activated speaker with a Google Home hub if you want to use it to receive voice motion alerts. Then run the Google Assistant app on your Smart TV and follow the instructions below.
- Go to the Google Assistant homepage.
- Select the + icon to add a device.
- Select Configure device> Have you already configured something?
- From the list of available devices, select the Arlo icon.
- Log in to your Arlo account.
- Your Arlo camera has successfully connected to Google Now.
- To check its operation, say: “Hey Google, point to [camera room name] on [Google device name].”
- To stop the video from playing, say, “Hey Google, stop streaming.” [Chromecast device name]”.
How to Connect an Arlo Camera to a Television (Using the Amazon Fire TV Stick)
You’ll also need to use the Amazon Echo Point when connecting your Arlo camera to a TV using the Amazon Fire TV button. Then follow the instructions below to ensure a complete connection between the devices.
The Alexa can either be installed or downloaded.
- Make sure the Fire TV and Alexa Stick are connected to a Wi-Fi network, and both are connected to an Amazon account.
- Go to the Alexa home screen and enable the Arlo feature. Select Skills and Games from the three-line menu. After selecting the Search icon, type “Arlo” in the search box.
- To activate your Arlo account with Alexa, select Activate and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Let Alexa find your Arlo camera in your account. If Alexa can’t find the Arlo camera, it returns to the home screen and searches for the phrase XYZ found. If you don’t see a message, be sure to go back to the device zone and add the Arlo camera to the device list.
- Now that the Arlo feature is enabled, you can try controlling the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- The camera name has not changed. If you are not sure, make sure you are on the device list page in Arlo. After a while, you will be asked to stream live from the Arlo camera screen.
- Reset the TV fire setting and repeat the steps if the Wait Arlo light is left on for an extended time. Test your Arlo several times to ensure you get the result you want.
What is Arlo Compatibility?
Works with Arlo is a new compatibility program developed by Arlo to ensure that the devices you purchase are compatible with your Arlo system. The purpose is to make Arlo the central hub for all of your connected devices, allowing you to operate and integrate a wide range of gadgets from various manufacturers.
You can connect other devices, control them via your app and create cross-brand routines.
What do I need to get a Works with Arlo system?
You need an Arlo Hub, and so far, most of the information relates to the Arlo SmartHub – the one advertised with the Arlo Ultra camera.
Arlo SmartHub will be updated to add compatibility for Zigbee and Z-Wave. This will give Arlo more capabilities and direct control of devices through the Arlo app. Amazon takes similar steps with the Echo Plus, including a Zigbee controller to integrate other devices on the platform.
But when you read the details, it’s not just about Zigbee and Z-Wave. Services that use cloud or LAN-based communication are also supported. While the details are not all clear, Arlo will provide access to some devices by linking accounts – and Arlo says these services will work with older Arlo hubs, which is great news.
If you want Zigbee or Z-Wave, you essentially need the new SmartHub.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I download the Arlo app on my TV?
If you just want the Arlo app on your TV, you need the Firestick. Download the app (Apps to Fire) from the Google Play store on your PC, tablet, or phone.
What is the best way to link my Arlo to my TV?
To link your Arlo account to your Alexa account, search for the Arlo Skill in the Alexa app and select Activate Skill.
What is the best way to link my Arlo camera to my Smart TV?
Use the SmartThings app to connect your cameras.
- Make sure your cameras are turned off in the Arlo app.
- Start the SmartThings app.
- Open the SmartThings app and log in.
- Tap Marketplace> Stuff> Security & Protection.
- Now Tap Cameras> Arlo.
- Tap Arlo (connect).
- Tap Connect to Arlo.
Can Arlo show it on TV?
Connect the Arlo camera to a TV (through the Arlo app) As long as your Arlo cameras are working properly through the Arlo app. You must first download and install the Play Store (Android TV) or App Store (Apple TV).
How can I see Arlo’s camera on TV in real-time?
From the home screen, browse and select the Arlo app. Once you enter your email address and password, proceed to sign up. Select the Devices tab and select Live on the device you want. You can now view live footage from your camera.
Many people depend on the compatibility of your Smart TV with the devices and applications provided. Therefore, you should check the relevant details on the manufacturer’s official website in advance.
Arlo cameras do not yet support TV connection via USB or HDMI, so it is highly recommended to follow the methods above.
Comments are closed.