How to Reset a Craftsman Garage Door Opener | A Full Guide by Expert
Articles, products, and services offered on this site are for informational purposes only. We recommend using caution and seeking professional advice. This site provides general information. We are part of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Amazon.com is compensated for sales resulting from links on our website.
Please review our disclaimer before taking action based on anything you read or see.
If you have purchased new homes or rented a rental property, it’s a good idea to reinstall your garage door opener if you have an automatic garage. Just like changing the locks to protect your home, resetting your garage door opener motor can protect you from unauthorized access to your garage and home. Resetting your Craftsman garage door handle is easy, and once you’ve done it, you’ll be able to do it in seconds. In this guide, I will discuss how to reset a craftsman garage door opener.
The Craftsman garage door opener restricts access to your property with wireless remote control. Family members and guests must enter a four-digit code to activate the key and access the property. You can change the code if you forget it or someone else knows it and is not part of the family. Without the code, the encrypted remote and internal control panel will not work, and the lock can only be operated by unlocking it.
Read More: How To Program Garage Door Opener
How to Reset a Craftsman Garage Door Opener?
To program your old door opener devices, use the following procedures to program your old Craftsman remote control with your old garage door opener.
Step 1: Locate the installed garage door remote.
- Locate the installed garage door remote, a large box in your garage that allows you to raise and lower your garage door.
- First, locate the old Craftsman garage door opener.
- The motor should be located on the side of the garage door.
Step 2: Locate the “Learn” button.
- I have located the “Learn” switch on that garage door opener.
- Find the “Learn to Open” button on the back of the garage door. When you do so, the button will light up for half a minute. Wait for the light to turn off.
Step 3: Tap the “Up” radio button on the remote control.
- Remove the new garage door remote and press and hold the “up” button.
- If there is more than one button on the remote, you can press any of them. Press and hold the button.
Step 4: Press the SRT button to open the garage door.
- Return to the installed garage door opener and locate the SRT button on the back of the garage door opener.
- Press and hold the button.
- This is done by holding the open/close button on the remote control with the fingers of one hand.
Step 5: Press and hold both buttons.
- Press and hold both buttons for a few seconds, and the light on the garage door opener will flash.
- This may take a few seconds to half a minute.
- When the lights start flashing, release the button you pressed.
- This is a signal that the old Craftsman garage remote has been programmed with the new remote.
Step 6: Connect more remote controls.
- If you have more than one handheld remote to use for garage door opener control, repeat the same steps to reprogram the other old motor unit. It is always important to check the status of the garage door motor.
Learn More: How To Make Wooden Garage Doors
A Smart Guide to Programming Garage Door Remotes
- For modern garages, it is important to read and follow all safety and operating instructions before using the product for the first time.
- After installation, keep the instruction manual near the garage door.
- To ensure safe operation, the opener should be checked regularly.
- The door mustn’t be installed in one piece.
- Read the warnings carefully to avoid serious injury or death from power shock or mechanical hazards.
- Keep the remote control and batteries out of the reach of children.
- Do not allow children to touch the wall plate or remote control.
- Never allow children to use the remote control unless the door is properly positioned and clear of obstacles.
- Always keep the roll-up door in a visible position until it is all the way closed. Avoid crossing over a moving door.
- Do not shield, charge, plugin, or heat the battery.
- Do not discharge, disconnect, disable or damage the battery.
- Replace only 12 volts of 23AE batteries. Do not use batteries other than type 12.
- It is always important to read the mixer’s program manual, as it describes the various settings for using the mixer.
- Always pay attention to these warnings. They can save you from unpleasant problems.
The materials or tools you need to program your Craftsman garage door opener
- You don’t need any large tools to program your Craftsman garage door opener.
- If you need to open the system cover, all you need is a small screwdriver.
- You will need to install a modern version of the old Craftsman remote for upgrades and a couple of spare batteries if the remote needs it.
- Plus, you can easily operate the buttons with your fingers.
Benefits of having a Craftsman Garage Door Remote Control
Using a functional and convenient garage door remote button is beneficial in many ways. They offer convenience, durability, and excellent functionality.
For this reason, more and more Houston homeowners are opting to install them on their garage doors. Installing this type of controller also allows you to have a programmed switch, a disconnect switch, and a close-limit switch for closing. It is the perfect solution to give your home an elegant look. To ensure smooth operation, only install the highest quality garage door openers you find in the market.
Easy to install
These garage door openers are an economical and safe solution for your garage door. With the help of a trusted installer, you can complete your new installation in just one day. Plus, thanks to their lightweight design and packaging, these openers can be easily transported in your car. And thanks to safety sensors, they are often completely secure.
Ensuring absolute safety
Selection of a remote garage door opener, look for a model that is highly functional and safe. They have a layer of security. The Craftsman garage door opener offers both. This particular brand of opener has several parts.
They ensure that the garage door is well balanced, which reduces the likelihood of accidents and allows for smooth operation. If you use these garage door openers, you can rest assured that you and your family will be completely safe.
Read More: How To Program Garage Remote Without Learn Button
Quiet and smooth operation
Another advantage of the Craftsman garage door opener is its quiet operation, thanks to its springs. Thanks to an advanced reinforced steel belt drive, this brand of garage door opener will guarantee years of smooth and quiet operation.
If your garage is located in or adjacent to your living room, invest in this brand, as it will provide you and your family with peace of mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I reset the code on my Craftsman garage door opener, model 139.53615SR?
Most openers are fairly easy with two clicks. However, this model has some difficulties for some users. If you’re not very handy, you’ll need professional help.
How long does it take to program an older Craftsman garage door opener?
- Installation can take six to eight hours.
- Programming switch, resetting, and clearing presets takes a few seconds to a few minutes.
- It is also important to check your Craftsman garage door opener model, as they have different buttons and programming settings.
Should I do something if I lose or if my garage door control is stolen?
- Erase the remote from its memory and reset the opener code.
- Most homeowners have a spare garage door opener remote that will come in handy if they lose one.
- Obtain a replacement garage door opener remote control.
- Learn how to open the garage door manually.
What are the three buttons on a Craftsman garage door opener?
- Open the garage door with one button.
- Three buttons: one to lock the door (if compatible) and one to open the lights.
Why won’t my Craftsman garage door close all the way?
Your garage door may not close properly. This is usually a headache for the head of the household. The main reasons, in general, are usually that;
The must adjust the door closer switch. If the door closer switch is not properly adjusted, the door will not close properly. Also, it may cause the opener to retract or lift when attempting to close.
Where is the “SRT” button located on the Craftsman garage door opener?
- Location of the “SRT” sensor button on the back of the integral garage door opener.
- Press and hold the “SRT” button.
- Do this with the garage door remote control button depressed.
Programming an old Craftsman garage door opener usually requires no science or hard work, as long as you keep the frequency up to date. Reprogramming your Craftsman garage door opener remote can be very easy, but it’s not always simple, depending on the model you’re resetting.
The good news is that modern remotes are compatible with all Craftsman garage door opener models. A major bonus is that it allows you to control the garage door without any problems, and with hands-free options, you can make it even more sophisticated.
In this guide, we’ll outline the steps you need to take to make this project a success. However, it’s always important to seek help from experts in the field. We hope you get the right answer to the question of how to reset a craftsman garage door opener.
Comments are closed.