Best Vacuum Cleaner for Carpet and Hardwood Reviews | Quality Picks
Articles, products, and services offered on this site are for informational purposes only. We are part of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Amazon.com is compensated for sales resulting from links on our website.
Please review our disclaimer before acting based on anything you read or see.
Vacuum cleaners can be a great investment if you want superior cleaning in your home or office. Typically, the quality of cleaning will depend on the type of equipment used. However, purchasing the best vacuum cleaner for carpet and hardwood can be a confusing endeavor, especially if you have multiple floor types in your home.
Fortunately, the current market is packed with many vacuum cleaners that can handle multiple surfaces. These models are designed with stiffer brush rolls to pull up dirt embedded in carpets and softer bristles to remove debris on hardwood floors.
Why Trust Home Affluence Reviews
We spend thousands of hours researching, analyzing, and testing products to recommend the best picks for most consumers. Our review process is made in good faith to benefit your purchase. We only make money if you purchase a product through our links, and all opinions about the products are our own. Read more.
Our Top Choice
After hours of extensive research, we came up with a list of the best vacuum cleaners designed for carpet and hardwood cleaning. Designed with a triple action brush roll and swivel steering design, the BISSELL CleanView Swivel Rewind Pet Vacuum Cleaner tops our list for multi-surface vacuum cleaners.
- Buy Bissell, save pets Bissell donates up to 10 dollars to the Bissell pet foundation for every pet product purchase, upon activation
- Triple action brush roll plus scatter free technology maximize pet hair pickup – even if it’s embedded
- 27’ power cord automatically rewinds for quick and easy storage. Cleaning path width - 13.5 inch
To help you make an informed decision, read this article to find out our other recommendations of the best vacuum cleaners for carpets and hardwood floors.
Top 7 Vacuum Cleaner For Carpet And Hardwood
- BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Rewind Pet Vacuum Cleaner | Best Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair Pick-Up
- Eureka Power Speed Turbo Spotlight Upright Vacuum Cleaner | Best Pet Vacuum Cleaner with LED Lights
- INSE N6 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner | Best Rechargeable Vacuum Cleaner
- Kenmore Intuition BU4022 Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner | Best Vacuum Cleaner for Above-Floor Cleaning
- BISSELL MultiClean Allergen Lift-Off Vacuum Cleaner | Best Lightweight Pet Vacuum Cleaner
- EUREKA Lightweight Powerful Upright Vacuum Cleaner | Best Upright Vacuum for Quick Cleanup
- Vacmaster Wet Dry Shampoo Vacuum Cleaner | Best Multi-functional Vacuum Cleaner
What to Look For in a Best Vacuum for Carpet and Hardwood Floors?
With plenty of vacuum cleaner options in the market, finding the best one for carpet and hardwood floors can be a bit challenging. To help point you in the right direction, an excellent vacuum cleaner for carpet and hardwood floors must have the following features:
The suction power is the most important consideration when looking for a vacuum cleaner, regardless of its floor compatibility. This will determine the cleaning performance of the vacuum.
Ideally, you should go for a vacuum cleaner with powerful suction. It must handle large dirt, fine dust, and hair without trouble.
However, since carpet fibers can be quite sensitive, a vacuum with a suction speed mode option is highly recommended. This way, you can better control the suction power when using it on carpets to prevent ruining its delicate fibers.
Brush Roll With On and Off Switch
A vacuum cleaner with brush roll and stiff bristle features is excellent for carpets. It agitates its fibers, digging up dust and hair effortlessly.
However, the feature is not recommended on hardwood floors because the bristles can scratch the surface. This is why you must look for a vacuum clear with an on and off switch for the brush roll feature.
Vacuum cleaners with an on and off brush roll switch give you the best of both worlds in cleaning performance. If you are using it on carpets, you can switch it on. Conversely, if you vacuum hardwood floors, you can switch them off.
Multiple Cleaning Attachments
Another important consideration when picking a vacuum for carpet and hardwood floor, another important consideration is the cleaning attachment. The more cleaning a vacuum has, the better it is because it allows you to use the best tool for the surface that you will vacuum.
Most vacuums include a turbo brush, crevice tool, and dusting brush. You can use turbo brush on both carpet and hardwood floors. While the dusting brush can help remove dirt stuck on the carpet fibers. As for the crevice tool, it allows you to vacuum tight corners easily.
Suppose you require other types of attachment aside from what’s usually already included. In that case, you will typically have to pay extra for it. This can make the total price of a vacuum even more expensive.
Key Considerations When Choosing the Best Vacuum for Carpet and Hardwood Floors
The best vacuum for carpet and hardwood floors is one that best fits your needs and preference. In this case, the following considerations can help make your decision-making process easier:
Corded vs. Cordless
Vacuum cleaners for carpet and hardwood floors can either be corded or cordless.
A corded vacuum is ideal for large spaces. If you choose a corded vacuum, just make sure that it has a long cord length, especially if the power outlet in your space is far from each other.
On the other hand, a cordless vacuum for carpet and hardwood floors is a better option if you want optimum mobility. But, it is not ideal for large spaces because the batteries don’t last for long, so you have to vacuum as quickly as possible.
Furthermore, cordless vacuums tend to have weaker suction power than corded ones. Even if it does have a strong suction power, it cannot operate on that mode for an extended period.
Brushes on vacuum cleaners are primarily designed to loosen up the dirt and dust stuck on the carpet. Suppose you will be working on different carpets with varying fiber heights. In that case, it’s best to pick a vacuum with an adjustable brush length to get better results.
As for hardwood floors, adjustable brushes are also a good feature to have. It will prevent the bristles from touching and scratching the hardwood surface.
Air Flow and Static Lift
Vacuum cleaners use suction, a combination of static lift and airflow, to remove dirt. Vacuums must have a good balance between the airflow and the static lift for carpet surfaces.
The static lift is usually 60 to 100 inches. On the other hand, the airflow ranges between 95 and 150 CMF.
Overall Features of Vacuums for Carpet and Hardwood Floors
These are the general features that you can expect from vacuums for carpet and hardwood floors:
The suction power of the vacuums is not based on their wattage. Unfortunately, there’s no standard in indicating the suction power of a vacuum cleaner. Some manufacturers display it as peak HP, while others indicate it as AWS.
Vacuum cleaners have a bin where the suction dirt, dust, and hair are stored. Ideally, you should go for a larger bin to don’t always have to empty it.
Vacuum cleaners can either be corded, powered by electric outlets, or cordless, powered by batteries.
Vacuum cleaners for carpet and hardwood floors have filtration systems. Ideally, you should go for those with HP filters because they can filter out 99.9% of airborne particles.
Most corded vacuum cleaners are bulky. But, they usually have excellent wheels attached to make them easy to operate. If you want super lightweight vacuums for carpet and hardwood floors, then cordless vacuums might be your best option.
Top 6 Vacuum Cleaners for Carpet and Hardwood Reviews
01- BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Rewind Pet Vacuum Cleaner
- Type: Upright
- Weight: 16lbs
- Cord length: 27”
- Dirt cup capacity: 1.0L
- Recommended Surface: Carpet, Hard floor, upholstery, stairs, area rugs
- Triple action brush roll with scatter-free technology
- Multi-cyclonical suction to keep dirt secure in dirt tank
- Swivel steering for easy maneuverability
- Edge-to-edge cleaning
- Automatic cord rewind for easy storage
- Specialized pet tools
- Accessories Included: Pet hair tool, extension wand, pet turbo eraser tool
Are you in the market for a bag-less vacuum cleaner that can easily pick pet hair and still do other jobs effortlessly? If so, then the BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Rewind Pet model is worth considering.
This upright vacuum has a powerful suction that can effortlessly pick up dirt, dust, and hair for your carpets and hardwood floor. It is a great choice for pet lovers, thanks to special attachments like the Pet Turbo Eraser and Pet Hair Eraser. What’s more, it comes with a triple action brush roll for effective hair pickup without scattering.
A unique spec that makes this the best vacuum cleaner for carpet and hardwood is the swivel steering design. This, along with its lightweight design, makes it very easy to maneuver and clean around furniture. It also has an edge-to-edge cleaning feature that lets you clean the walls and corners of your home.
Something else that makes the BISSELL Cleanview model stand out is the automatic cord rewind. With just a push of the button, the cord wraps itself for easy storage. Similarly, it is easy to use and switch from carpet to floor to upholstery.
- Easy Maneuverability – It has a swivel steering feature that makes it super easy to maneuver.
- Automatic Height Adjustment – You don’t have to worry about your back hurting after slouching a long period to accommodate the vacuum height.
- Triple Action Brush Roll –This is very helpful in removing stubborn dust and dirt on carpets.
- Automatic Cord Rewind –You don’t have to worry about cord tangles and time-consuming cord management because this vacuum has an automatic cord rewind feature.
- The Design Could Be Better – It is not the most aesthetic vacuum, mainly because it looks very bulk. If you want a sleek-looking vacuum, check out the Eureka Power Speed Turbo Spotlight Upright Vacuum Cleaner or the BISSELL MultiClean Allergen Lift-OffVacuum Cleaner.
- The Belt Is Not Durable – The belt on this vacuum does not last as long as its other parts. You might need to replace it after some time. Try the BISSELL MultiClean Allergen Lift-Off Vacuum Cleaner if you don’t want to deal with this.
Make cleaning your carpet, hardwood floor, and upholstery effortless with this upright cleaner from Bissell. Benefits of this vacuum include the swivel steering technology, triple action brush roll, and automatic cord rewind. It is a great choice for any pet owner looking for an easy way to eliminate embedded pet hair and dirt.
02- Eureka Power Speed Turbo Spotlight Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Types: Upright
- Weight: 11.8 lbs.
- Cord length: 25ft
- Cleaning reach above-floor: 8ft
- Dust cup capacity: 4.1 L
- Cleaning path: 12.6”
- 5 height adjustments
- High-efficient motor
- Transparent brush roll cover for better visibility
- Quick release handles for floor and above-floor cleaning
- LED headlights for better visibility
- Included: 2-in-1 upholstery tool, 16” telescopic crevice tool, pet turbo brush, detachable handle
Another best vacuum cleaner for carpet and hardwood is the Eureka Power Speed Turbo Spotlight model. This upright vacuum cleaner is designed with 5 height adjustment settings that allow you to set the right mode to different vacuum surfaces, including carpets, hardwood floors, and rugs.
Thanks to its lightweight and flexible design, this unit is also great for hard-to-reach areas like ceilings and under appliances. Built with LED headlights, you will get better visibility when cleaning hidden spots.
The XL dust cup ensures quick and effortless cleaning. Its large capacity reduces the trips that you need to make between uses. Plus, the dust cup is very easy to empty because of the model’s bagless design.
If you are a pet lover, you will be surprised how readily this vacuum cleaner can extract pet hair from surfaces and furniture. The unit is equipped with a pet turbo brush, a flexible telescoping crevice device, and a 2-in-1 upholstery tool for this task. Additionally, this vacuum cleaner from Eureka is designed with ease-of-use in mind.
It features a quick-release handle that promotes fast multi-surface vacuuming. So, this vacuum will get the job done effectively, whether you want to clean the floor or above the floor. Plus, you will get better visibility thanks to the LED headlights.
- Powerful Suction – The powerful suction can efficiently clear both small and big particles.
- Turbo Brush Roll – The turbo brush roll helps lift off stubborn dirt and dust so that you can clean the floor properly.
- Extremely Lightweight – You don’t have to worry about your wrist hurting from using this vacuum cleaner because it is very lightweight.
- Includes LED Lights – This feature will help you see dust under furniture to ensure thorough cleaning.
- Suitable for All Floor Types – It is not only compatible with carpet and hardwood floors, but you can use it for all types of floorings.
- No Head Swivel Feature – The head attachment does not have a swivel feature, making it difficult to maneuver, especially in tight and awkward spaces. You might consider a vacuum cleaner with an excellent swivel feature such as BISSELL MultiClean Allergen Lift-Off Vacuum Cleaner.
- Short Hose- This is not the best option if power outlets in your space are far from each other. If this is your case, you might want to get a cordless vacuum instead, like the INSE N6 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner.
The Eureka power speed vacuum cleaner is the best choice for tough jobs that need a lot of power. The design offers more maneuverability and full visibility when you want to clean those tight and hidden spots. However, it is not a great choice for congested homes with furniture since its head does not swivel.
03- INSE N6 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- Type: Handheld vacuum/ cordless 4-in-1 sticks
- Motor power: 160W
- Power cord: Cordless
- Max suction power: 12000 pa
- Dust cup capacity: 0.5L
- Filter type: HEPA filter
- 4 stages advanced multi-cyclonic filtration system
- Wall-mounted dock for easy organization
- 180 degrees and maneuverable cleaner head
- Detachable and washable HEPA filters
- Bright LED headlights for visibility
- Attachments included: motorized cleaner head, 2 HEPA filters, long crevice, 2-in-1 cleaning tool, roller brush, power adapter.
This cordless vacuum cleaner offers two levels of suction power to clean carpets and hardwood floor surfaces effectively. The Max mode is perfect for vacuuming upholstery and removing stubborn stains, while the Standard mode comes in handy when doing daily cleaning. It is also equipped with a stiff roller for low-medium pile carpet and a soft roller for hard floors.
The NISE N6 cordless vacuum cleaner is a rechargeable model with a removable 2500 mAH ion battery. It takes 5 hours to charge the battery completely. Afterward, you can use the vacuum for 40 minutes on standard mode and 20 minutes on Max mode without interruptions. What’s more, the battery indicator will tell you how much time is left.
Do you have hidden and hard-to-reach areas? If so, you will be pleased to know that you can turn this cordless stick vacuum into a handheld model. Impressively, it is equipped with LED lights and a slim head design so you can effectively clean corners and areas around furniture.
What’s more, the adjustable and removable wand allows you to clean above-floor surfaces like curtains, car seats, laptop keyboards, and much more. The NISE vacuum cleaner is straightforward to use. Switching between suction modes is as simple as pressing one time and pressing again to turn off.
Something else that makes this unit unique is the fully-sealed filtration system that has 4 stages. The filtration system also comes with a high-efficiency filter that traps particles of all sizes. Don’t worry about the noise! This cleaner has a low-noise design, making it great for homes with kids and pets.
- Easy to Maneuver – It is super easy to maneuver since it is a cordless vacuum.
- Lightweight Design – Your wrist will not hurt while using this vacuum.
- Washable HEPA Filters – You don’t have to waste money buying new filters because you can just wash the old ones and reuse them.
- Two Power Mode Options – You have full control over the suction power.
- Space Saving – It is a very compact vacuum that does not consume a lot of valuable real estate.
- Short Battery Life – The battery life is 45 minutes when it is on normal mode, but you can only use it for half the time when it’s on the highest setting. If this is a deal breaker for you, it is highly recommended to pick a corded vacuum cleaner instead. The Eureka Power Speed Turbo Spotlight Upright Vacuum Cleaner is a corded vacuum.
- Weak Suction Power – It is a cordless vacuum, so it does not have strong suction power. But, the Kenmore Intuition BU4022 Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner or the BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Rewind Pet Vacuum Cleaner does.
If you are in the market for a low-pile carpet cleaner that can still get the job done on bare floors, then the INSE Cordless vacuum is worth considering. With its power, you can get up to 45 minutes of clean time on a single charge. Hence, it is a great choice for quick cleaning sessions in smaller homes.
04- Kenmore Intuition BU4022 Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Type: Upright, Corded
- Vol. /Amps: 120V 10A
- Suction power: 200W
- Cord length: 30ft
- Dust collection capacity: 3.1 L
- Dust collection type: Bagged
- Hose length: 6ft
- Cleaning path width: 11 inches
- Weight: Less than 14 lbs.
- Allergen Seal filtration system
- Bad fill level indicator
- Lift-up technology for above-floor cleaning
- Accessories included: Pet turbo brush, 3-in-1 combination tool, dusting brush
If you are in the market for a versatile cleaner for your floor and above-floor cleaning needs, the Kenmore Intuition BU4022 model is worth considering. This cleaner has a corded, upright design and does an excellent job on bare floors, high-pile carpet, and low-pile carpet.
It does an exceptional job cleaning pet hair on both high and low-pile carpets, but not on bare floors. Users are impressed by the bare-floor button that allows a seamless transition from the carpet to bare floor cleaning.
Stair cleaning is also a breeze, thanks to the lift-up technology. Nevertheless, it has a bulky design and can be difficult to clean hard-to-reach areas due to its short hose. Those that suffer from allergies can now rest easy knowing that this model features a HEPA dirtbag and a HEPA post-motor filter for trapping allergens.
Do you love vacuuming but hate the maintenance work that comes with it? If so, you will love the No-Touch Bag Technology in this unit that promotes hands-free operation even when emptying the bag.
- Consistent Cleaning Performance – It has consistent cleaning performance even with just one swipe.
- Strong Suction – This vacuum can clear both small and large debris, thanks to its strong suction power.
- Lightweight – Despite its bulky appearance, it is fairly lightweight, so it’s easy to move around.
- Seamless Floor Transitions – The bare-floor button allows you to transition easily between carpet and hardwood floor.
- Bulky Design – It is a little bulky, so it is difficult to use for tight corners or under furniture. However, if you want a low-profile vacuum, you might want to consider the EUREKA Lightweight Powerful Upright Vacuum Cleaner.
- Expensive Maintenance – The replacement bags can be expensive in the long run. Suppose you want a vacuum for carpet and hardwood with little to no maintenance cost. In that case, the INSE N6 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner might be a better option for you.
The Kenmore Intuition cleaner does an outstanding job when it comes to floor and above-floor cleaning. It has a pet-friendly design and a double-wall design to maintain a powerful suction. Although it has great value for money, it can be expensive in the long run since the replacement bags are difficult to find.
05- BISSELL MultiClean Allergen Lift-Off Vacuum Cleaner
- Type: Upright
- Weight: 14.5 lbs.
- Foot width: 11.75”
- Cord length: 25 ft.
- Wand cleaning reaches: 12 ft.
- Multi-surface cleaning
- 2-in-1 lift-off technology
- Tangle-free brush roll to prevent hair wrap
- One-touch easy empty dirt tank
- Compact and maneuverable foot
- HEPA sealed allergen system that traps 99.97% of allergen and dust
- Included: 2-in-1 crevice tool, pet turbo eraser, dusting brush,
Any pet parent needs the right vacuum that will help them keep up with pet hair. Ideally, this is what the BISSELL Multi-clean vacuum cleaner is designed to do. Packed up with pet clean-up features like a tangle-free brush roll, pet tools, a HEPA sealed allergen system, this cleaner will help you to conveniently clean pet hair on most surfaces in your home.
The innovative design of the brush roll prevents hair from wrapping around it. The suction power is impressive and gets the job done. It works well on carpets, hard floors, and area rugs. The cleaner is equipped with a toggle that lets you turn on the brush roll when cleaning a low-pile carpet. You can turn it off when vacuuming hardwood floors.
Also, its swivel steering and slim and lightweight design make it easy to maneuver around obstacles like furniture and hard-to-reach places.
A feature that sets this unit apart is the 2-in-1 lift-off technology that lets you detach canisters from the foot. This renders it easy to carry around and clean hard-to-reach areas. Once you are done vacuuming, you can remove the pre-motor filter and wash it to ensure smooth operation.
- Powerful Cleaning Performance – This vacuum can effortlessly suction dirt, dust, pet hair, and other dirt on your carpet or hardwood floors.
- Washable Filter – No need to spend money buying new filters because you can just wash and reuse them.
- Easy to Empty Dust Canister –The dust canister design is straightforward, so it’s effortless to empty and clean when full.
- Excellent Maneuverability – You can easily use this vacuum to reach under furniture or corners of your space.
- Small Canister – If you want a vacuum with a large canister, then the Vacmaster Wet Dry Shampoo Vacuum Cleaner is what you are looking for.
- Not Suitable for High-Pile Carpet – The suction power on this vacuum is too strong, and it can damage the fibers of high-pile carpets. But, this is not the case for the BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Rewind Pet Vacuum Cleaner.
Moving bulky vacuum cleaners can be a challenge. With the BISSELL MultiClean Lift-Off vacuum cleaner, it is easier to clean all areas in your home, including those hard to reach. The powerful motor and brush roll allows you to tackle cleaning jobs effectively on multiple surfaces. However, it may not be suitable for high-pile carpets.
06- EUREKA Lightweight Powerful Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Type: Upright
- Weight: 11lbs
- Cleaning path: 12.6”
- Cord length: 25ft
- Nozzle width: 12.6”
- Nozzle height adjustment: Yes
- Dust cup capacity: 3.9L
- Upgraded cyclone system
- 5 height settings for multi-surface
- Easy-to-empty dust cup
- Washable filters and bagless design
- Included accessories: dusting brush, 7” crevice tool, upholstery tool, a quick-release handle
Say goodbye to dirt, dust, and debris that penetrates deep into your carpet with the EUREKA lightweight upright vacuum cleaner. This Power Speed cleaner delivers a powerful cleaning performance without losing suction.
It has 5 settings for when you want to clean your low to medium pile carpet, hardwood floor, or high pile rug. This vacuum can be effective as long as the right height is used. Furthermore, it features a new cyclone technology that works equally well to clean smaller dirt, larger debris, and microscopic dust.
A unique spec is the 12.6” wide nozzle that is designed to allow quick clean-up. This means that you can tackle more cleaning work in a short time.
For most people, nothing is more annoying than the mess that comes with emptying the dust bin when cleaning. Impressively, this EUREKA vacuum cleaner features a dust cup that is extremely easy to empty. You simply need to push a button for mess-free cleaning.
This vacuum is equipped with tons of accessories such as a dusting brush, a long crevice tool, a quick-release handle, an upholstery tool for cleaning hard-to-reach areas. These tools will allow you to pick up debris from surfaces and be easily stored in a vacuum.
- Easy to Assemble – You can set it up in a matter of minutes, and it also does not take much effort to replace the attachments.
- Lightweight Design – The lightweight design makes it super easy to use and, at the same time, mitigates your chances of getting a wrist injury.
- Include Multiple Cleaning Tools –Several cleaning attachments are included already for different purposes, so you don’t have to pay extra to buy them.
- Powerful Suction – The suction can effortlessly remove dust, hair, and dirt.
- Easily Clogged By Hair – The canister can be difficult to clean because it can be easily clogged with hair. The BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Rewind Pet Vacuum Cleaner is a better option if you tend to vacuum a lot of hair.
- Not Suitable for Low-pile Carpet – The brush bristle can damage the fibers of the low-pile carpet, causing them to lose their fluffiness.
I would highly recommend this cleaner if you want a powerful unit that does an excellent job of collecting large debris and smaller or microscopic dust in just one pass. With 5 different cleaning modes and a lightweight design, you can use this unit to clean every area of your home.
07- Vacmaster Wet Dry Shampoo Vacuum Cleaner
- Noise level: 72dBA
- Motor power: 5.5 peak HP
- Cord length: 33ft.
- Cleaning reach: 45 ft.
- Nozzle width: 35mm
- Weight: 31.4 lbs.
- Water lifts 84.”
- Multi-layer filtration
- Type of cleaning 3-in-1 wet, vacuum, and shampoo vacuum
- 8 gallon capacity canister with large drain port
- 2-stage motor for noise reduction
- Accessories included: Floor brush, crevice tool, detergent delivery tube, wet foam filter, cartridge filter, carpet and handheld lance, remote control handle, collection bag
Stay on top of your vacuuming needs with this multi-functional wet/dry vacuum cleaner. Unlike most models in the market, this cleaner features three modes; vacuum, wet, and shampoo. It has the right accessories to eliminate dust particles, water stains, and industrial waste on carpets, upholstery, sofa, and car interiors.
This cleaner features a washable cartridge filter for dry vacuuming and a wet foam filter for wet and shampoo cleaning. It is easy to switch between these modes owing to the remote control handle.
If time is of the essence, you will be glad to know that this unit has front casters and large rear wheels for better maneuverability during cleaning. Better yet, it is hassle-free to empty the 8-gallon tank that comes with a drain port so you can clean in less time. Although sturdy, this vacuum is portable and makes less noise, thanks to its 2-stage motor. It also features all the necessary accessories for quick and excellent cleaning.
- Multifunctional – It can be used to vacuum dirt, dust, hair, and water.
- Larger Tank Capacity – You don’t have to empty the tank because it is quite large constantly.
- Silent Operation – Despite its strong suction ability, it is not noisy.
- Excellent Filtration System – It has a multi-layer filtration system for thorough cleaning.
- Durable Design – It was made with durable material.
- Prone to Water Leakage – The tank needs better waterproofing.
- A Bit Heavy– It is bulky and heavy, so it is inappropriate for stairs and tight corners. If this is a deal breaker, you might want to consider the EUREKA Lightweight Powerful Upright Vacuum Cleaner instead.
This is the best vacuum cleaner for carpet and hardwood if multi-functionality and great filtration capabilities matter to you. Packed with a powerful motor, it is perfect for extracting stains and spots on carpets, upholstery, and car interiors. However, it can be a bit heavy because of the multiple accessories included, especially when taking it up the stairs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use a hard floor vacuum on a carpet?
The process of cleaning hard floors is different from cleaning carpets. Fortunately, there are vacuum cleaners that are designed to work on both carpets and hardwood floors.
The best multi-surface vacuums have a soft rotating brush for cleaning hardwood floors without causing damage and a much stiffer brush for cleaning carpets. Also, the transition between the different cleaning modes should be effortless.
What is a good multi-surface vacuum?
If you would like to clean different surface types, you need a multi-surface vacuum that offers exceptional performance on all surface types. The best multi-surface vacuum should be able to handle your specific floor type.
What vacuum do carpet manufacturers recommend for cleaning?
For cleaning larger spaces that require a powerful suction, manufacturers recommend upright vacuum cleaners. These models have a powerful suction, a wide range of attachments, and a good filtration system. Nevertheless, manufacturers recommend cordless vacuums for those that want a lightweight model for cord-free cleaning.
Will the brushes on vacuum damage carpet or floors?
The brush on a vacuum will only damage your floor if used wrongly. For hardwood floors, use the bare floor setting since it is gentler on smooth surfaces. When vacuuming your carpet, ensure that you use the right height depending on your carpet pile. It should not be too low as this will damage the carpet fibers and the vacuum’s roller brush.
Is vacuuming or sweeping better?
Well, the decision of whether to vacuum or sweep will depend on your floor type. Usually, sweeping helps to remove dirt and dust. However, it may not eliminate stains and spills. On the other hand, vacuum cleaners are equipped with the right tools for hassle-free cleaning carpets and hardwood floors. Besides, most vacuum cleaners on the market come with soft-bristled floor attachments to clean hardwood floors effectively.
What about a super-cheap stick vacuum with no brush roll?
Cheap vacuum cleaners may lack essential features like a brush roll, useful when cleaning heavily carpeted areas. Therefore, a stick vacuum with no brush roll may only be ideal if you want to clean smooth surfaces like hard floors.
What’s the best vacuum for hardwood floors?
Robot vacuums do well on hardwood floors as compared to carpets. While most robot vacuums do a decent job, the Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11s robot vacuum does an excellent job. This vacuum is popular in Amazon because of its great features like slim design, powerful suction, triple-filter system, and quiet engine.
Can robot vacuums go from hardwood to carpet?
Yes, the best robot vacuums can automatically transition from hardwood to carpet. These vacuums have smart technology to detect floor types. However, their cleaning power cannot match that of other models, especially on carpets. They mostly do well on the hardwood.
What vacuum cleaners do professional cleaners use?
A good commercial vacuum cleaner is designed to ensure deep and quick cleaning for areas with high traffic. The Sealey Industrial vacuum cleaner is a common choice for professional use because of its robust features like a 20L capacity dust bin. The Sanitaire commercial vacuum cleaner is also a top choice on Amazon for cleaning commercial carpets.
Which vacuum is cleaner best for pet hair?
Based on our research, the BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Rewind Pet Vacuum Cleaner is a great choice for vacuuming pet hair. Nonetheless, other brands like Dyson and Shark do a great job picking up pet hair on surfaces and furniture.
Which is the best vacuum cleaner to buy?
There are many vacuum cleaners on the market that promise to get the job done. Generally, the best vacuum cleaner for carpet and hardwood should come with a capable motor, powerful suction power, suitable for your floor type, portable, and effortless to use.
There is no denying that routine vacuuming is one of the best ways to keep your floor and carpet sparkling clean. If you have been in the market for the best vacuum cleaner for carpet and hardwood, we hope that this article proves useful. Our recommendations are based on useful factors to help you make an informed buying decision.
Comments are closed.