How to Cook Prime Rib Steaks in the Oven | Make it Simply
Articles, products, and services offered on this site are for informational purposes only. We are part of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Amazon.com is compensated for sales resulting from links on our website.
Please review our disclaimer before acting based on anything you read or see.
The ultimate Christmas dinner for many families worldwide is a traditional prime rib cooked in the oven. A prime rib has an excellent uniform shape, so it is popular. The other reason is that the meat falls off the bone when cooked. Prime rib is the classic holiday meal. One of the most expensive beef cuts is also called ribeye. It’s also not that easy to cook. To get that perfect rare or medium-rare, one must cook it low and slow. Let’s learn how to cook prime rib steaks in the oven.
What Is A Prime Rib Steak?
A prime rib is a term used to describe the better cuts of beef. A top rib roast or a standing rib roast considers prime rib steak. A standing rib roast is a large roast cut from the rib section of a beef steer. As a whole, it contains seven ribs and weighs between eight and twelve pounds. The meat on prime rib roast is tender, flavorful, and juicy. A standing rib roast is usually cut into smaller portions and sold as ribeye steaks or prime rib steaks.
Why Would You Cook Prime Rib Steaks in the Oven?
- It’s easy to cook a perfect prime rib steak in the oven!
- The oven is the best cooking option for the juiciest and most flavorful beef prime rib steak.
- You get the juiciest and most tender prime rib steak you’ve ever eaten. Guaranteed.
- Slow cooking a prime rib roast in the oven makes it incredibly tender and juicy.
How to Cook Prime Rib Steaks in the Oven?
Ingredients for cooking prime rib steaks in the oven:
- One tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Two tablespoons minced shallots
- Four beef rib steaks (each about 1½ inches thick)
- ¼ cup water
- Put the pan overheat so it’s medium-high, and add butter and oil. Add salt and black pepper to the steaks and place them in the pan.
Process of Cooking Prime Rib Steaks in the Oven
- Oven cooking is an excellent way to cook beef steaks because it cooks the meat evenly. A 4-5 pound prime rib steak will take 20-30 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit, depending on how you prefer your steak. Make sure the oven preheat. Place the pan first in the oven for 10 minutes, then place steak inside and Let it sit for at least 5-10 minutes after removing from the oven.
- A great way to cook prime rib steaks in the oven is to take a large piece of aluminum foil, fold it down the center and then flip one side over the other. Place your meat on the flipped side, fold it back up and seal the edges by crumpling them together. Poke some holes in the top for steam to escape.
- To cook prime rib steaks in the oven, first, preheat an oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, season the steaks with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place the ribeye on a rack over a sheet pan and roast for six minutes on each side. Remove the item from the oven let it rest for five minutes before serving.
In conclusion, cooking prime rib steaks in the oven is easy to prepare for any meal. It takes little preparation to cook, and the results are delicious! Try cooking prime rib steaks in the oven next time you’re looking for a quick and easy way to prepare a tasty dish.