How to Decorate Kids Room Walls | Kids Room Wall Decor Ideas
It is imperative to decorate your kids’ room because it provides a fun and interceptive personal space for children would help develop their ability to grasp more and learn new things. In addition, it has been noticed that a well-thought-out decorated room keeping in mind their aspirations helps in the overall development by provoking conversations between parents and their children. Therefore, the decoration of the rooms is so much fun for the kids, as there is no way to the potential and no design rules hinder in the way. For many, the more enjoyable part is to decorate the walls of their bedroom. Something is enjoyable for every age, from toddlers to teenagers in the article named how to decorate kids room walls.
How to Decorate Kids Room Walls
Decorate with butterfly stickers
You can find these adorable butterfly stickers online, but you can also make the paper punch yourself. Murals are not only fun for children but also are a source of appreciation and creativity. It can also inspire kids to make collages of their own choice with leaves and flower petals.
- Colorful and artistically detailed 24 piece( set of 2 ,purple ,and pink) of nature inspired butterfly wall art
- 3D butterfly stickers set: 24 pieces multi decorative pattern butterfly stickers with 4 kinds of sizes,looks likes real butterfly
- Applies to any smooth surface
Decorate with wallpapers
Imagine if your kids want to have a more sophisticated style with the wallpaper having different walls. It isn’t easy to find every kid’s personality when they share a room, as the room is decorated with two other wallpapers to make everybody happy.
- 🚂LEARN AND PLAY – Playing is our brain’s favourite way of learning. Decowall stickers are not only a great educational tool but also a fun way to decorate your room.
- 🎈ADD COLOURS WITHOUT PAINTING – Decorate your room instantly. Bring colour and life into your room without the hassle of painting and cleaning.
- 🌞DIY & EASY PEEL AND STICK – Quickly apply your decals without making a mess. Time for a change? Simply remove and reposition without leaving any sticky residue on the wall.
Decorate with neutral colors
Although neutral colors do not attract the kids the most, it is easy to change other accent colors. The fun alphabet panels and the row of houses add in the most décor of your kid’s bedrooms.
Chalkboard paint is excellent for the bedroom of the creative mind child. You can paint some part of the wall with your favorite color to add some color to the whole wall.
- Made in the USA for families, hang out with your friends or family, and be creative every single moment of your time. Enjoy!
- Multi-purpose chalkboard paint - Good for decorating furniture, party favors or children's gifts, jar labeling, Menu board, etc.
- Create usable chalkboard surfaces on furniture, doors, drawers, and more! Simply brush Chalkboard Paint onto a porous surface, let dry, then condition with chalk. Apply on any piece of wood or even terra cotta. Simply brush on and let it dry,
Decoration with the grid of ropes
What a great idea it is! To decorate your kid’s room with the grid of ropes that holds the stuffed animals adds a unique source of decoration. In addition, the combination of yellow and wood themes throughout the walls provides a peaceful environment and conducive to sleep.
- 💡16 MULTI-COLOR ROPE LIGHTS - Ollny led rope lights provide 16 vibrant colors(Like red, green, blue, yellow, orange, etc) and 4 dynamic flashing modes (FADE/JUMP/ASYN FADE/ASYN JUMP) .Plus, Ollny Christmas led rope lights are made by transparent PVC tubes that ensure the experience of the most vibrant colored lights and give you a perfect cheerful lighting experience.
- 💡IP65 WATERPROOF - IP65 Waterproof rated, Ollny led rope lights can withstand bad weather, like rain, snow, extrusion, collision, etc. Great for indoor or outdoor embellishment. Perfectly used for indoor and outdoor such as Christmas trees, party, wedding, Home, Patio, thanksgiving day. Noted: the USB connector should keep away from water.
- 💡REMOTE CONTROL LED ROPE LIGHTS - Timer/Memory Function. ①The timer function allows you to set the lights for 6 hours on and 18 hours off. Once in timer mode, changing the mode will not impact the timing program. ② Memory function: No need to reset the last time setting.
Decorate with easy geometric designs
If you add the small black triangles to your kid’s bedroom walls will give a bit of contrast to the white walls. It is straightforward to achieve this look with the stencil, and you can also use wall decals to get the permanent option. Toy storage places should not be boring because these places are of great importance as the décor floating shelves.
- Hinkin Jr, David (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 482 Pages - 04/16/2018 (Publication Date) - CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (Publisher)
Decoration on the display space
All kids like the decoration on the display space; galvanized metal is a good and affordable option available in most home improvement stores. But, unfortunately, you have to mount on the walls to decorate the bedrooms.
- OUTER SPACE PHOTO BOOTH PROPS: This set contains 30 outerspace-themed birthday parties, baby shower parties, and school events photo booth props for selfies, party games and all kinds of fun!
- DURABLE: Manufactured using high quality 350 GSM paper card stock, to make those colors pop in your photos and sturdy cardstock that will make you feel like living in outer space.
- IDEAL PHOTO COMPANIONS: These props are ideal as novelty photo booth decorations for use with friends for your social media profile, personal scrapbook or photos for nostalgia in years to come.
Section off the rooms with bunks
The blush pink curtains with pink walls lighten the mood and make a sectioned play area for kids under the top of bunk beds.
- Your purchase includes One Max & Lily Low Bunk Bed, Twin Over Twin Size in White color with Slide | 180217-002 model | Slat platforms included, mattress and bedding not included | No box spring or bunkie board required
- Bunk Bed dimensions – 84.5" W x 50" H x 81.5" L | Under top bed – 33.2” | Max weight limit (per bed) – 400 lbs. | Fits standard Twin mattresses
- Supportive lower mattress slats sit 2” off the ground providing air circulation
Combination of both worlds
The wooden stool to the striped table lamp, with linen bedding and the graphic rug, gives the youthful and timeless feel to your kid’s bedroom.
The best wall art for kids’ bedrooms should be directly over the bed or the wall opposite the bed. Small scale pieces are best and should be hung at eye level; the kids’ bedroom looks for abstract details with soothing colors and tones.
Addition of unique colors
It is better to use less conventional colors and opt for blue accent walls, red, green, and grey walls with even wood tones.
Install a fun fan or light fixture
If you want to provide a touch of fun to your kid’s room, you can suspend a rustic light fixture from the ceiling.
Develop a theme
You should add a woodland theme and a cute décor, so not a single thing feels out of place.
Decorate a room with paint
You cannot even imagine if you decorate your kid’s room with the pale blue and yellow squares paint patterns.
Display your kid’s artwork
Instead of throwing your kid’s artwork sample into the bin, you can display some of the masterpieces on the bedroom walls.
Decorate the walls with cartoon characters
As the kids are cartoon lovers, it is good to decorate their room with cartoon character painting on the walls and doors. Paint the walls with light colors and paste pictures of the cartoons on the walls. The themes of Spiderman, Aladdin cartoons are overwhelming.
Addition of a jungle theme
You can decorate your kid’s room with a jungle theme by making animals, trees on the walls. There are wallpapers available in the market at affordable prices to decorate the kid’s room. You can show these themes on any exposing wall or corner and highlight them with the pedestal light.
To give your room a sea theme, you can paint your walls with a light blue color mixed with white color. You can also draw the sea creatures and fish on the walls with the paint.
You can draw posters of maps and some specific areas on the walls to make it a traveler theme to decorate your child’s bedroom.
The little mermaid is a Walt Disney cartoon movie, is a beloved classic which gives the nostalgic feels. This kid’s decoration theme is commonly used in wallpaper in the bedrooms, nurseries, and playrooms. Any wallpaper can be printed using different characters, or anyone scene can be used as wallpaper on the walls. You can decorate your girl’s bedroom with the mermaid theme decor to give it a magical effect.
It is another cartoon movie liked by most of the kids. You can turn your child’s room into a magical wonderland by adding an Aladdin theme. Different exciting colors like beige, blue, and shades of brown can add a unique traditional look to the kid’s room.
The jungle book
It is a favorite movie of kids at all times. The jungle book wallpaper can give your kid’s room a lovely, unique, and fun look to your child room. You can use the wallpaper with any specific enlarged scene of the movie or repeat patterns of movie characters using jungle elements. In addition, you can combine it with a décor theme of natural wood and decorative plants to make it more fun for your kid’s room.
Tangled movie theme bedroom is a dream of every girl. The most beautiful scene from the movie is the floating lanterns which can form a fantastic appealing effect. The animated characters like Rapunzel and the adorable Pascal can be painted on the bedroom walls, or you can also use the wallpaper of these characters.
Power puff girl
These characters are liked mainly by little girls and can be a great option to decorate the kid’s room. You can use the wallpaper with one or with the combination of all three characters in the room walls. In addition, you can use a variety of blue and pink color schemes to add a unique look.
Dexter’s Lab bedroom theme
It can be a favorite one of all age group kids. The theme of this wallpaper is the science-based décor that gives the feel of a laboratory. This bedroom theme is perfect for science lovers.
Ben 10 is the all-time favorite cartoon character of most boys. The wallpaper of Ben 10 has the main characters painted on it. This wallpaper can give fun and a unique feel to the child’s bedroom. You can create a more impressive look by adding colors like orange, blue, and green to your walls.
How to Decorate Kids Room Walls: FAQs
How do you decorate a wall for a kid’s room?
Try to make a continuous art center by painting a wall with chalk paint. Check your nearest art and craft center for peel and stick cork.
How can I decorate my kid’s room without painting?
- Hang some colorful curtains.
- Use removable wall decals.
- Add colorful seating.
- Add colorful storage baskets.
- Hang an article of colorful clothing.
- Wallpaper an accent wall.
How do I decorate my child’s room on a budget?
Painting is the more affordable option to decorate your kid’s room. Another most straightforward way to decorate your kid’s room is by using colorful wallpapers and stickers.
How can I make my kid’s room more fun?
You can make your kids more fun by adding vibrant colors, hanging cartoon characters, and different artworks in their rooms.
How do you make a cute kids’ room?
You can update your old furniture with a bit of paint and frame your children’s artwork with some special effects.
Learn More: How To Get Kids To Clean Their Room
When it comes to decorating your kids’ room, you might think that your growing children might have their priorities and choices of their own. So it would help if you were not shy to have the items of their options as a kid’s room is a great place to play and learn. You should decorate your kid’s room with colorful artwork, painting, and photography with appreciating scenes to make your kids happy.