How to Wire Multiple Pendant Lights | Step By Step Guide by Expert
Good quality pendant lights depend on both function and its attractive design. If you are going to buy pendant lights, you must remember if the pendant light is very light or too brighter, then it can ultimately damage the entire room’s attractiveness. For making your house more attractive, its modern development needs to completely re-renovate your rooms, kitchen, and office to meet modern demands. For having a pendant light, you must know how to wire multiple pendant lights together?
A pendant light is a need of modern time either you use it in office, home, warehouse basements, or anywhere you want to use it.
How to Wire up a Pendant Lamp?
- Sharp and strong: IGAN precision wire cutter has an 11mm long heat-treated carbon steel jaw with angled head design
- Professional flush cutting snips:Apply to electrical work, jewelry making and daily use.suitable for shearing copper and soft wire up to 18 AWG (1 mm)
- Compact design with open spring:it is ideally sized for working in small spaces and help you to save force.
- Be Prepared for Anything: You never know when you’ll find yourself in a situation needing a screwdriver, pliers, a can opener, or a knife. So it’s always best to be prepared. We recommend keeping our ultimate survival Pro-Master 15-in-1 Multitool Pocket Knife in the glove box of your car and one at home
- Recommended by Skilled Army Officer Veteran - If you are looking for a premium, heavy-duty pocket knife that’s as tough as you are, then you will love our Pro-Master Multitool Pocket Knife Set and Sheath Holder. We designed our multi-function survival pocket knife tool with today’s toughest soldier and outdoorsman in mind
- You Deserve the Best 15-in-1 Multitool! Our premium multitool set includes all these important tools in one handy pocket knife - wire cutter, needle nose pliers, regular pliers, double-sided nail file, hook remover, can opener, folding saw, sharp knife, bottle opener, small, medium, and big screwdrivers, Philips screwdriver, fish scaler, & a ruler
- 6-pack of black vinyl electrical tape rolls; 3/4 inch width x 60 foot length
- Flexible, stretchable construction ideal for electronic repairs, cord and cable bundling, and more
- Strong adhesive bonds to a wide variety of surfaces and materials; ideal for use in homes, RVs/trailers, boats, and commercial properties
- 【117 in 1 Multi Screwdriver Set】 Precision screwdriver set can be used for home appliances such as tv, air conditioners, fans, fridge, car repair and so on. It can also be used for the disassembly and maintenance of mobile phones, digital cameras, watches, eyeglasses, laptops and Nintendo game console. Meeting the daily needs of each client is the best option for your tool case.
- 【Complete Precision Screwdriver Set 】Professional 117-in-1 Multi-Magnetic Screwdriver Set interchangeable precise manual tool set,including magnetic handle,extension shaft,short post,aluminum alloy extension shaft,toolbox,tweezers,iPhone pin,suction cup,bracts,crowbar, 98pcs screw bits, magnetiser/demagnetizer, etc.
- 【A wide range of accessories for your task】 small screwdrivers set available in soft and hard extensions for narrow corners. It is also equipped with antistatic tweezers and non-slip silicone handles for all types of occasions.
- Heavy Duty utility knife: Metal, durable design with rubber grip allows for a long lasting, extremely durable cuts and slices on boxes, plastic packaging, and straps. Includes 2 premium utility knives. Perfect box cutter knife
- Retractable & Adjustable Blade : Razor simply slides open for exact cuts. Blade easily retracts to lock safely within metal frame when finished using
- Quick Release: When razor needs to be replaced, simply extend the razor blade all the way, press the red button and remove the razor blade. Insert the new razor while pressing down the red button until secure
- Modern & Retro Style - Mini oval-shaped clear glass pendant light. Creates a modern and vintage atmosphere. Suitable for the kitchen island, coffee shop, bar or dining room and office.
- Standard Fixture Requirement - 120V for North America. Compatible with incandescent, LED, CFL and halogen bulbs with E26 sockets and 40W Max. Bulbs in the picture are not included in the package.
- Material - Metal lamp body and clear glass lamp shade. Classic simplicity clear body color with a metal cap, clear glass shade reveals the bulb and maximizes its light. Enjoy a romance and comfort.
Steps on How to Wire up a Pendant Lamp
- Take a lamp fixture.
- Take out its top cap, mid-cap and braces ring.
- When you see inside the fixture, you can see procyclidine sockets.
- Now take out 2 screws with a screwdriver from the procyclidine socket to insert the electrical wire.
- Now on this step, when you open its screws, you have a procyclidine socket in your hand.
- When you turn its side, you can see 2 wire fixing screws, lose it.
- Take electrical wire. Wrap it 2 inches away from the top wrap. Insert the top cap, mid-cap, then mid socket that you take off with screws. By using a utility knife, cut the top fabric layer in a round shape. Then cut its down insulator plastic wrap. When you cut the plastic wrap, then 2 wires, black and white, will appear.
- Using a wire cutter, fix the black wire in the wire cutter and cut it like its only insulation cover cut. Repeat the same process with white wire.
- Now leave only the inner part and insert it in the socket and tight the screws you leave loose. Do the same procedure with the other wire and tighten it.
- Put back the procyclidine socket. In this way, the wire is fixed in a pendant holder.
- Now put 2 screws back and tight it. Tightly scrwed the mid-cap and top cap back tightly.
After this, come to the main procedure of wiring where you have to attach the electrical wire:
1st of all, you must be familiar with where various parts, wires, and cables make a light pendant. Take a look inside a lighting pendant to find out what key components are:
- Loop in: allows you to carry electricity from one lamp to another lamp.
- Neutral Switch Line: Power comes into light via neutral, earth, and switch line cable.
Pendant lighting circuit
- Cables used for lighting circuits are two core and earth, including three other cores, line, neutral, and earth core.
- In which loop is identify with red sheeting
- The earth is identified with green or yellow sheeting
- Neutral is blue, and the line is brown.
Light switch wiring
There are three main types of switches:
- Single: It has only one switch which you can on and off.
- Two-way switch: It has one or more lights from two positions ( top and bottom stairs)
- Intermediate switching: It has switches 1 or more lights on from 3 or more positions, such as an open plan room with 3 more entrances.
The procedure of wiring
- If you have the junction box wiring, it contains two-wire and earth wire from a three junction box above the rose. It will help you in connecting multiple pendant lights.
- Now connect the brown core to the rose’s live terminal, the blue core to the neutral terminal, and the earth wire to the earth terminal.
- If you have a loop in the terminal, use the four-terminal junction box. In this way, you will have three cores from this box, which are to be connected with three different terminals:
- The next step is to connect the brown core cable with the live perimeter.
- Attach the earth core of the switch wire to the earth socket.
- Take the blue wire from the switch cable and attach it to the unused terminal.
- Now, this unused forth terminal will need electricity to turn on the multiple pendant lights, for this:
- Connect the brown core of this cable with a blue switch.
- The blue core to the neutral circuit
- Connect the earth wire to the earth circuit.
- Once you have done all of these steps, now turn on the power and check if the pendant is successfully installed.
- For the next light, run a cable from the first light to the next. Repeat this and make a series of light.
- To make a proper connection connect the white lights with light and black wire with black wire. Now repeat this for all series.
Pendant Light in the Kitchen
The pendant light in the kitchen is mostly suitable for the island kitchen as it increases the illumination if you put more 2 or 3 lights. If you are going to put a pendant light in the kitchen, you must follow the dimension of 30-36″.
- Fashionable Retro Style — Mini oval-shaped clear glass pendant light. Creates a modern and vintage atmosphere. Suitable for the kitchen island, coffee shop, bar or dining room and office.
- Standard USA Require — 120V for North America. Compatible with incandescent, LED, CFL and halogen bulbs with E26 sockets and 40W Max. Bulbs in the picture are not included in the package.
- Product Dimensions — Single light: 5.6”(Diameter) x 9.8” (Height), 33.5” ceiling rose diameter, hard-wired, adjustable 78.7” black round cord wire. Suggested Space Size: 20-30Sq.m.
Benefits of Pendant Lighting
- Pendant lights act as a spotlight. Anything under the spotlight will prominent more.
- You can use pending lights to emphasize an important picture, painting, sculpture, or what else you want to show under pendant light.
- It’s better if you use these lights as secondary lights rather than primary, it will add a unique effect which can impress anyone.
Difference between Pendant Lighting and Hanging Light
- Pendant light also considers a hanging light. But all hanging lights are not pendant.
- Pendant light contains only one bulb hanging with a chain or rope. In contrast, other hanging lights are multiple bulbs inside.
- Pendant lights are hanging light from the ceiling.
Installation of Lighting for your Home Update
- Light bulbs and lampshades: To update your home pendant lighting, you can start from bulbs and lampshades color available in store. Choose according to your choice as which color you like most in your home.
- Plugin pendant light: It’s the best option when you don’t want to use wiring to hang your pendant lights. In this method, you can use a rope to hang it on a wall or ceiling. The best thing about the plugin pendant light is it doesn’t require any cut down in drywall. It’s easy to locate the installation position.
- Plugin wall scones: It’s easy to install. It’s wall-mounted lights that increase the decorative interest.
- The cord that hangs down in the metal tube running from the lamp to the outlet gives a more permanent look.
- Wireless LED motion sensor light: These lights are mostly used in darker areas like pantries, attics, coat closets, driveways, backyard, stairs, and decks even. You can path it to the bathroom around the bathroom glass.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you hang pendant lights without wires?
There are many ways through which you can hang pendant lights without wiring.
Plugin pendant lights
It’s the best option when you don’t want to use wiring to hang your pendant lights. In this method, you can use a rope to hang it on a wall or ceiling. The best thing about the plugin pendant light is it doesn’t require any cut down in drywall. It’s easy to locate the installation position.
Battery operated pendant lamps
For this purpose, you will need paint, glue, a battery-operated table lamp fixture, two hooks, 3M Command strips, a chain or rope, A piece of wood. Now start by painting a piece of wood, and then attach the holder with glue. Put 2nd hook to the light fixture. Now attach the chain to each end of the hooks and put 3 M command strips on the back of painted wood. Attach it to the ceiling. Now turn on the light and enjoy.
- 【Vintage Style】 - JACKYLED Industrial pendant light kit combines modern and vintage style which makes it a perfect decor for your kitchen,bedroom, living room, corridor, coffee shop, office etc.
- 【UL Product】 - UL certified light socket and cord ensure your safe use. JACKYLED mini ceiling light allows you to use any E26 E27 light bulb, not only Edison bulb, but also LED, CFL bulb can be used with JACKYLED mini pendant light.
- 【Adjustable & Dimmable】 - With the high-quality and adjustable woven fabric cord, you can adjust the fixture length to your needs and desired look. Dimmer compatible to adjust the brightness (Dimmer not included).
How do you wire a light with two sets of wires?
For wiring alights with two sets of wires, you have to do the following steps:
- Twist the 2 black wires on the light together.
- Twist the 2 white wires on the light together.
- Now attach the black to the light to the black on the wall.
- Do the same with white wire.
How far apart should you hang pendant lights?
The spacing between the pendants must be uniform. When you have to measure the space between hanging pendant lights, then don’t measure the fixture space. Always measure the distance between bulbs. A standard rule is to keep a distance of 30″. But still, it depends on the available space either you are hanging above the island or where ever you hang, you must be aware of the available space.
Is pendant lights out of style?
No, over time, pendant lights’ demand increased due to its unique effect that impresses anyone. Most people prefer pendant lights as a secondary light. A pendant light is a need of modern time either you use it in office, home, warehouse basements, or anywhere you want to use it.
So, how can I say pendant lights are out of style?
How many pendant lights do I need for a 6-foot island?
You can use 2 pendant lights for your 6-foot island. The lights should be 30″ apart and center from the island.
To conclude this topic, Pendant lights are not old fashioned, but it’s a demand for a new time as it increases the illumination of a house and makes it attractive. Now you know how to wire multiple pendant lights together. Follow the method I am sure it will help you in your work.